[FIXED] Applied skin details are not saved/removed

by demon25970

Original Post

sims 4 facial details

★★★★★ Novice

A week ago, I noticed that whenever I tried to give an adult sim more wrinkles they just disappear when switching to another sim on CAS as well as when I go into live mode. I do use a skin overlay. I have tried removing all my mods, repair the game and put them back in, but didn't work. Idk if this is related to some corrupted mod since the hasn't been an update lately, and it just happen out of nowhere.

Message 21 of 54 (1,342 Views)

Re: sims 4 facial details

★ Guide
@Egarci8029 It's the skin overlay. If the overlay is grouped in with a particular group of details - in your case, wrinkles - the overlay cancels out the wrinkles and visa versa.
Message 22 of 54 (1,305 Views)

Hero
@Egarci8029 Does removing all mods/cc include removing the skin overlay ?

There's been reports of skin details being lost when existing/switching so I'm merging your post with that for now but do make sure you test without anything in your mods folder as well.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 23 of 54 (1,284 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Thanks for the reply. I forgot to mention, but I only use the basegame wrinkles. I just downloaded a couple of cc details to see if something change, but nothing. should i place my overlays on a diferent folder?

Message 24 of 54 (1,278 Views)

Hero
@Egarci8029 Just test with nothing extra added to check if it's a game or a cc issue.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 25 of 54 (1,262 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I just tested it. Now the details do stay after exiting CAS

Message 26 of 54 (1,252 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Sorry I didn't saw your message earlier. I know what you mean, but Prior to this problem, I used both details at the same time and worked perfectly. I tried to add them withouth anything in my mods folders and it seems to work fine.

Message 27 of 54 (1,221 Views)

Hero
@Egarci8029 Maybe one or more of your cc are broken then since the latest patch. Try the 50/50 method to find out which one.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 28 of 54 (1,202 Views)

sims

★★★ Newbie

hi, a little while ago i bought & downloaded island living, parenthood, and nifty knitting. opened up a new games to make a new sim, i added freckles, and i was adding others (ones that shouldnt effect them) but they kept disappearing- i put the freckles back on then went to add clothes and it did the same thing, taking the freckles off. anything i can do to fix it? thanks

Message 29 of 54 (1,150 Views)

Re: sims

Hero
@honestlyclueless I merged your post with the bug report on skin details not staying after they are applied.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 30 of 54 (1,857 Views)