Original Post

Accepted Solution

[NEEDS SAVES] Appliances break very easily

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Deutsch
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? n/a
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything but My First Pet Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Just playing a household for a couple of days
What happens when the bug occurs? Appliances break very easily since the last patch. I always have to repair about three to four appliances a sim day (regular size house, two bathrooms, a kitchen, a TV, two computers; in larger houses it can be even more). It's especially sinks and bathroom appliances that break daily.The breaking doesn't really subside even after fully upgrading the appliance.
What do you expect to see? Not so much breakage, especially not after upgrading
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. It started occuring after the recent June-patch

I've encountered this in save files I had already played with before the patch. Didn't get to play much in a new save file that was created after the patch, so I'm not sure if it is also occuring in post-patch files. Installing seasons didn't have any effect on this.

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 1 of 73 (8,650 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Breaking Sinks and Appliances

EA Sims Team

Marked as Solution for Visibility. This is still an open issue.

Hello All,

If any of you are still encountering this on the latest game version (without mods), would you be willing to share your save file(s)?

If so, please send me a private message with a link to the file.

Instructions here: http://x.ea.com/74420

Thanks!

View in thread

Message 66 of 73 (2,239 Views)

All Replies

Re: [TO TEST] Appliances break very easily

★ Guide

appliances break indeed way more often

(all games, packs, no mods)

Message 2 of 73 (8,501 Views)

Hero

@Tahemet @KonekoFoxglove

Do you see any relations to the weather ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 73 (8,499 Views)

★ Guide

indoor applicances are affected and it can happen every day, so I don't think it is weather related.

Maybe Scout related? they get badges for repairing things. so maybe they are just given opportunities.

of course it would be interesting to know if it happens in households without scouts/teens/children as well

Message 4 of 73 (8,492 Views)

Hero
I've seen reports over at the officials where rain can break the appliances

That said, I've always though they break really easily but this seems a new extreme.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 73 (8,487 Views)

★ Apprentice

I too am seeing this. In addition to electronics constantly breaking, you are unable to repair most of them. I find if I travel away from my lot to a new one then back, I can then repair the item. 

Message 6 of 73 (8,478 Views)

★ Guide

I am still trying to detect a pattern here.

There some I can replace and some I can only repair myself (so I can't call the service)

Message 7 of 73 (8,474 Views)

Hero

To speed testing up a bit on this, 

Would you guys be willing to share your save with me ?

If so, could you follow instructions here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065... but PM the links to me first. I'll check it and then forward.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 73 (8,465 Views)

★ Guide
do you still have the link I sent you some days ago or do you need a new one?
Message 9 of 73 (8,453 Views)

Hero
Should still have that one.

You guys said sometimes the items are not repairable at all, are those upgraded items ?

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/TO-TEST-Upgraded-Stereos-can-not-be-repaired/m-p/6882861

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 73 (8,445 Views)