by KonekoFoxglove

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] Appliances break very easily

Hero
Added for amount of me toos

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 21 of 73 (1,749 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Appliances break very easily

★ Novice

Also having this problem, at least one thing breaks every sim day, sometimes 2 to 3 things a day, including the toilet, sinks, shower, washer/dryer, computer, etc. 

Message 22 of 73 (1,720 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Appliances break very easily

★★ Novice

i'm having this issue as well. If I expand my house appliances get wet and continuously break if I'm allowed to repair at all. I have all expansions and no CC. This happened after I downloaded seasons.

Message 23 of 73 (1,688 Views)

★★★★ Pro

I'm two in-game weeks into Seasons now and can't reproduce this issue at all. Also 1 or 2 things breaking per day is completely normal unless you buy more expensive items or level them up.

Message 24 of 73 (1,679 Views)

★★ Novice

1 or 2 things breaking everyday would be fine. But having appliances that are completely covered break immediately because of rain is a problem.

Message 25 of 73 (1,658 Views)

★★ Expert
this is insane. i don't own Seasons, though, but after the latest patch everything breaks all the time. as an example, just now: a sink needed to be repaired. so one Sim took care of it, but it broke again five minutes later.
Message 26 of 73 (1,615 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA Staff

Hello everyone!

Could any of you send us a save file where this is issue is ocurring?

Sadly, we have not been able to reproduce this Frown

You can find the instructions here.

Cheers! :D

Message 27 of 73 (1,581 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Expert
Message 28 of 73 (1,573 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA Staff

Hi everyone,

We have not been able to reproduce this issue with @unseenlarks save. The ratio of broken objects appears to be under our design. 

Is anyone else willing to send us your save game? The more the merrier!

Is this something that has changed with the latest patch or patches? Did you ever see a different behaviour?

Thank you very much!  

Message 29 of 73 (1,542 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@SimGuruIcarus wrote:

Hi everyone,

We have not been able to reproduce this issue with @unseenlarks save. The ratio of broken objects appears to be under our design. 

Is anyone else willing to send us your save game? The more the merrier!

Is this something that has changed with the latest patch or patches? Did you ever see a different behaviour?

Thank you very much!  

Now I am curious about the ratio of broken objects. I have a save I have been playing about a week or so (real time). I have everything except My First Pet Stuff installed and all patches to date. Never use/used CC or Mods and started with a fresh Sims 4 folder. Nothing is outdoors and yet the electronics and plumbing are frequently breaking. Even the electronic piano which I find surprising since it cannot be upgraded. I frequently repair my game as a precaution. Cache files are deleted. And yet everything that can break usually does.  One of the stereos broke and my Sim was trying to repair. Several Sim hours later they were still doing the repair action. So back to my original thought... just how often should items need to be repaired?

Game Version 1.45.62.1020 

Save File

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
EAGameChanger - The Sims 4 Gallery Creator
Gallery Tag: #EQCreations
Message 30 of 73 (1,533 Views)