Re: Decoration moodlet broken: always 'Poorly decorated' moodlet

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: Dismally Decorated Moodlet

Hero
@madisonmcdm Is this from an older save ? EA fixed this but the notes said that it's not fixed for existing saves only forward.

I've merged this with the current bug report though and hopefully EA will look into it again but as they do consider it fixed for the moment, it would probably need a lot of people speaking up.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 11 of 65 (1,183 Views)

Decoration moodlet broken: always 'Poorly decorated' moodlet

★★★ Newbie

Hey everyone, 

I've been researching around the forum about the "poorly decorated moodlet", which looks like it's been solved for some - but not for me, I've been experiencing it since the November update. 

Any time any of my Sims go into a room, they become really uncomfortable because the room is 'poorly decorated'. I've spent a fortune updating all the furniture, redecorating, and adding in + environment decorations to bring it back up, but nothing is changing their moodlet. 

It's becoming a real pain - is anyone else experiencing it? Has anyone got a new solution? 

Thank you! 

Message 12 of 65 (1,180 Views)

Hero
@kayesmithsteph The fix is not for existing saves, just new ones.

Merged your post with the new bug report nonetheless

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 13 of 65 (1,158 Views)

"Poorly Decorated" Moodlet all of the time?

★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.68.156.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of the expansions, game packs, and stuff packs currently available
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? -unsure-
What happens when the bug occurs? My sim constantly has the "Poorly Decorated" moodlet, despite using the same decorations/items I always have (and I've never had this moodlet so much before)
What do you expect to see? Getting the "Poorly Decorated" moodlet when in an area full of trash or with no decorations, furnishings, etc.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I'm not sure what's happening.  I've obviously had the "Poorly Decorated" moodlet before when playing the Sims 4, but only when the situation warranted it.    Now, I'm playing in a well-decorated house, using items that I have ALWAYS used, and I can't seem to get rid of the "Poorly Decorated" moodlet without mods.

I do play with several mods, but I've tried playing without any of them and STILL have the issue.

Message 14 of 65 (1,113 Views)

★★★ Guide
@crinrict it's not fixed for new saves either. Or at least not for me.

Started whole new game again and didn't build or import any houses. My teen sim got invited to the Paragons. Went to Bathe de Rille to meet up. Instantly hated the decor while they were still out on the street. So I went to check the other original houses that have issues, and they all trigger the "poorly" and "dismally" decorated moodlets in the same spots.

It only happens on very specific lots in specific areas. Like in my house Del Sol the moodlet will wear off when they're inside, but as soon as they go into the kitchen and then back to the dinner table to sit down the moodlet comes back after a few seconds.
Message 15 of 65 (1,072 Views)

Hero
@TheSteelRodent Yeah, that's what happened on that lot I downloaded from the gallery as well. But I found that in fact, it had no wall paper in that area and was very dark there. Changing that fixed the moodlet for me.

So maybe there's something not well in that corner ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 16 of 65 (1,067 Views)

Poorly Decorated Mood Buff Glitch

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.68.156.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All game expansions. All gamepacks except Journey to Batuu and Strangerville. All stuff packs except first pet, bowling, romantic garden, and spooky stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I spent days building a new home, fully decorated and painted. I noticed all sims in my household get the poorly decorated moodlet as soon as they walk onto the new property. I am using the Shipping View lot but with my own build. I have checked that everything is painted, floors are complete, and every room is fully decorated. I have redecorated, removed, added, and altered. I have checked my Sims' inventories for garbage or other unappealing items.
What happens when the bug occurs? All of my sims gain a poorly decorated moodlet, regardless of the lot and room quality. It used to be that the decorate buff was dependent on the room the sim is currently occupying.
What do you expect to see? I expect rooms to have individual decorative boosts, and to see "nice" or "very nicely" decorated mood buffs when my lot is highly decorated. I expect to NOT see a poorly decorate moodlet when there is no logical reason for the mood.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. This only started for me after the most recent patch when snowy escape came out.

My sims always have a poorly decorated mood buff and it doesn't make sense!

Message 17 of 65 (1,041 Views)

Re: Poorly Decorated Mood Buff Glitch

★★ Novice

I read through some of the replies linked to this chain and learn that old saves won't be fixed by a recent patch. My save file is a few months old, and the only patch it has received is the most recent accompanying Snowy Escape. I never experienced the poorly decorated glitch prior to the most recent patch. I created a new household and moved into an existing game lot, and so far I have not experience the glitch. Its unfortunate to lose game progress and be unable to return to previous saves just because of a patch though.

Message 18 of 65 (1,009 Views)

Re: Dismally Decorated Moodlet

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

I've had an issue with this also.

I'm on a brand new PC, with a new install, new game. I have all of the current DLC and updates, but no mods/cc etc. It's the vanilla game. Despite placing several environment gain items, I'm getting the "poorly decorated" moodlet before the sim even walks onto the lot. The game only hints that it's the "walls/flooring" that's the issue, which of course I have repainted several times. 

The only thing I can think, is that it started to only happen in rooms where I originally put eco lifestyle flooring/wallpaper. However, once I removed those, the moodlet continued to return, despite  redoing the walls and flooring in every room of the house. This is definitely a bug of some sort I'm afraid. 

To clarify, I haven't used any items or lots saved in my gallery. It's new in every sense possible. This issue either really hasn't been fixed, or a recent update/change has caused the problem to reoccur. 

Does anyone happen to have a temporary fix for this? For example, an item that can overpower the negative moodlet? It's game breaking at the moment, which is frustrating after having spent money on all the latest DLC

Message 19 of 65 (936 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Always badly decorated moodlet (Patch 1.68)

★★★★★ Guide

I too get this when travelling to public venues such as nightclubs etc...  I would suggest going into build mode and decorating how your sims are used to seeing things.  My celebs, for instance expect all marble walls and floors and everything expensive, otherwise that get miserable at the sight of the places they visit!  I have to keep redecorating public venues other peoples houses..!  Not a good thing to do, but has to be done in my experience!

Message 20 of 65 (916 Views)