Re: Poorly decorated moodlet randomly appears

by JaneCandy

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[OPEN] Always badly decorated moodlet (Patch 1.68)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.68.154.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All, except for Eco, Knitting, and the Star Wars thing
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? As stated months ago, this issue happen randomly, thus describing how you can find it is difficult. Some lots pretend to be undecorated while others do not, using the same decor. Sometimes it's triggered at certain locations on the lot, sometimes it happens anywhere on the lot. There is no way to find the pattern with the tools available in-game.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims hate their environment and life in general for hours for no reason.
What do you expect to see? I expect Sims to not get depressed over the decor when a room clearly is decorated. I expect them to not complain about lack of decor when they're surrounded by statues, paintings, and flowers. I expect the game to tell me exactly what is the problem, since tracking down bad decor on a 5000 tile lot is impossible with nothing to go on besides a stupid broken moodlet.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The Eco life patch months ago (1.63 or earlier)

The problem has not changed, at all. Some lots - same as before - randomly trigger the bad decor moodlet in places where it shouldn't be triggered, sometimes even before setting foot on the lot. Changing or adding the decor has no effect; repainting every wall and floor surface, including hidden surfaces, has no effect.

Yes, I am aware the patch notes say it's only fixed for new saves, but that literally means it's NOT fixed, since the only way to avoid the depressing moodlet is to discard the last 6 years of gameplay, and we all know that's not going to happen.

There are two simple fixes for this:

* Take all the code you added for no reason, and delete all of it. Then put back the code that worked and make sure no one ever touch it again.

*Alternatively when you calculate the decor score, if it goes below 0, you set it to 0. Since the negative decor moodlets serve no purpose, there's no reason to trigger them in the first place.

And if you absolutely must retain this broken terrible code, why not add a proper overlay that tells us what the decor score is for each and every tile? You know, features that are actually useful?

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, adjusted title

Message 1 of 65 (7,227 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] Always badly decorated moodlet (Patch 1.68)

EA Sims Team

Under investigation. Accepting as solution for visibility purposes only.

Hello.

If anyone is still seeing this issue, we would like to collect more affected (unmodded) save files.

If you'd like to share, instructions are here:

http://x.ea.com/74420

View in thread

Message 52 of 65 (4,887 Views)

All Replies

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Always badly decorated moodlet (Patch 1.68)

Hero
@TheSteelRodent I actually saw it in a new save (with an gallery lot) .. so sounds like it's not only old saves but also old buildings ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 65 (7,207 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Always badly decorated moodlet (Patch 1.68)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

@crinrictyeah, as far as I can tell any of the buildings I have issues with also have issues in a new save when I put them through the gallery. So it looks like the lot has the bad data that causes it and the game doesn't scrub it when going through the gallery.

Message 3 of 65 (7,190 Views)

Poorly decorated moodlet randomly appears

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.68.154.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Just have a sim do anything in a house
What happens when the bug occurs? The sim will randomly (and very often) get the 'Poorly decorated' moodlet regardless of environment. It happens across various lots with various sims and there are no dirty objects in the room or in the inventory.
What do you expect to see? A decorated moodlet or just the absence of the poorly decorated moodlet making sims uncomfortable.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

My sims will keep getting the 'Poorly decorated' moodlet regardless of what room or lot they are in. At first I thought it might be my awful decorating skills but it happens across different residential lots with different families - even in the game created lots. There is no rotten food in my inventory and no dirty objects.

Message 4 of 65 (7,158 Views)

Hero
@JaneCandy Is this a new save or exciting ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 65 (7,147 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Novice

Hi there! It suddenly started happening in an existing game

Message 6 of 65 (7,142 Views)

Hero
@JaneCandy This was fixed in the latest patch but not for existing saves as the patch notes said so it might be by design now.

We shall see.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 65 (7,134 Views)

★★ Novice
@crinrict Looks like I'll have to start a new game. Sighs. Thanks so much!
Message 8 of 65 (7,122 Views)

Dismally Decorated Moodlet

★ Novice

My whole family has the "dismally decorated" moodlet no matter what! My house is well decorated, detail oriented, but not busy, and everyone in the family has the uncomfortable - dismally decorated moodlet all the time!

Help, please!

Message 9 of 65 (7,116 Views)

Re: Dismally Decorated Moodlet

★★ Pro

HI @madisonmcdm do you use any mods or cc?

also, sometimes a random 'object' may cause this from memory.. like, something accidentally placed in a walkway or similar..(?)

Message 10 of 65 (7,103 Views)