Re: [NEEDS SAVES] Always badly decorated moodlet (Patch 1.68)

by 20dc3706b0f12018598cb34ab6bc3fe7

Original Post

[ Edited ]

Product: The Sims 4
Platform: Xbox 1
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Version 1.6
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? None
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I step on a lot and get the moodlet everywhere around it
What happens when the bug occurs? My sims all have the poorly decorated moodlet as soon as they step on the lot of my well decorated build
What do you expect to see? No moodlet or a nicely decorated moodlet
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Not that I'm aware of
Please describe the patch or change you made.

I spent a long time building a house and got the poorly decorated moodlet and was struggling to find a solution after redecorating. I gave up and used the gallery for a premade lot and it's happening with all my families on all my lots no matter the changes I make. I buy the most expensive environment enhancing things and still I get the poorly decorated moodlet. And it won't even tell me what it is, the explanation says "[sims name] doesn't quite like the aesthetics of this place. Something about the wallpaper or floors... just seems off...".

Message 51 of 65 (1,016 Views)

EA Sims Team

Under investigation. Accepting as solution for visibility purposes only.

Hello.

If anyone is still seeing this issue, we would like to collect more affected (unmodded) save files.

If you'd like to share, instructions are here:

http://x.ea.com/74420

Message 52 of 65 (5,113 Views)

★★ Guide
@TheSteelRodent this bug is so annoying
Message 53 of 65 (881 Views)

poorly decorated

★★★ Pro

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Recent
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? pc all Xbox series x all
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? play as sim
What happens when the bug occurs? sims constantly have the poorly decorated moodlit even in houses that have a lot of decor.
What do you expect to see? no poorly decorated moodlit in good decor houses and community lots.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. yesterdays patch it was fine before its happening to me on pc and xbox.

N/a

Message 54 of 65 (778 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

I am also having the same problem with the 64x64 lot in Horse pack. I have just bulldozed the lot and am going to try again to see if it makes a difference. It reminds me of the lot in Strangerville that is never right and people who live there dislike it. I believe that was done on purpose cause it's a strange place so to speak but I'm wondering if that didn't some how turn into a bug with the creation of the Horse Pack?

Sorry I didn't see this post and started one in general questions. 

I will let you know what happens. Thank you for looking into this. It is tough one.

Message 55 of 65 (783 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Bulldozing the lot and rebuilding seems to have done the trick. The Sims love the lot inside and out except for the animal pens when they need cleaning. LOL 

Message 56 of 65 (727 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@20dc3706b0f12018598cb34ab6bc3fe7 I recently rebuilt the high school and it's fairly decorated I would say. All the walls and floors are painted and the rooms are well furnished but as soon as Sims walk past the fountain outside they say the room is poorly decorated and I have no idea why. I thought maybe some lights were burnt out by Lighting storms but maybe it's just a bug afterall
Message 57 of 65 (694 Views)

★ Guide

I have two teenagers going to high school and one of them has the "badly decorated" moodlet almost every time. I've only seen this happen on this lot (downloaded a high school lot from the gallery and it worked fine at first), but then again I haven't taken my sims to other lots yet after the latest patch, when this problem started.

All Expansion packs, all Game packs and Stuff packs except Journey to Batuu. All Kits except Desert Luxe, Decor to the Max, Courtyard Oasis, Incheon Arrivals, Bust the Dust, Fashion Street, Modern Menswear, Modern Luxe, Poolside Splash.

No mods or cc

version number

PC / Win 10

I have completely reinstalled the game in May 2021

Link to save game: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1LYjSh1Szr3p5K9f_e0egGHVMYQn-hDRl?usp=drive_link

Message 58 of 65 (530 Views)

poorly decorated issue

★★ Apprentice

Why do you make it so difficult to report problems.  I try to click on "me too" and I am told to sign in even through I am signed in.  I am having trouble with the issue where the rooms show poorly decorated even with lots of decorations set in the room.  I have fixed every room where the moodlet comes up and still have it recurring. I notice this has been an issue for several years.  I just added a stuff pack, My First Pet, as you gave it away for free.  The problem was noticed after that pack was installed.  

Message 59 of 65 (443 Views)

Re: poorly decorated issue

EA Sims Team

Hello @Redphun 

We would like to collect more saves.

If you are still encountering this on the latest game version (without mods), would you be willing to share your save file(s)?

If so, please send me a private message with a link to the file.

Instructions here: http://x.ea.com/74420

Thanks!

Message 60 of 65 (404 Views)