Fully furnished rooms are giving Poorly Decorated moodlet

by 0_Killercupcake_

Original Post

Re: Poorly Decorated Bug is Back

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I don't know how to share a save file because I am very stupid. It tells me what to do with the files when I get them, but I don't even know where to find them.

Message 31 of 65 (1,133 Views)

Hero
@Periiwiinkle16 Follow instructions here on how to find your save: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-does-this-forum-work/m-p/7368675#M172240

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 32 of 65 (1,122 Views)

★★★ Novice

Ok, I did it, now I just have to wait for a reply. I hope there's a fix.

Message 33 of 65 (1,119 Views)
Highlighted

Fully furnished rooms are giving Poorly Decorated moodlet

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Don't know
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get to Work, Get Together, City Living, Cats and Dogs, Seasons, Get Famous, Island Living, Discover University, Eco Lifestyle, Spa Day, Dine Out, Vampires, Parenthood, Realm of Magic, Luxury Party, Perfect Patio, Cool Kitchen, Romantic Garden, Kids Room, Backyard, Vintage Glamour, Toddler, Laundry Day, My First Pet and Moschino
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Enter a fully decorated room.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sim gets the Poorly Decorated Moodlet.
What do you expect to see? My sim with no decor moodlet, decorated or beautifully decorated moodlet
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I stopped playing sims after getting multiple bugs & glitches in a row. I just recently started playing again and am currently building a future house for my new sim, when I went to live mode to test some things the sim had the poorly decorated moodlet.

I know for certain that 3 rooms in my house give a poorly decorated moodlet one of which has a minimum of 42 environmental score from items. I don't understand why this is happening to fully decorated rooms.

~ Is happening to 5 different rooms now.

Message 34 of 65 (1,142 Views)

Re: Poorly decorated moodlet randomly appears

★★ Novice
@JaneCandy I have a new game, new house, new family, decor in every room and still a problem. Hope you didn't start over completely.
Message 35 of 65 (954 Views)

Re: Poorly decorated moodlet randomly appears

Community Manager (retired)

@cynsue64 Could you possibly share a save file where you're seeing this issue? You can DM me the link to your save, thanks so much!

Instructions for sharing a save: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Tea...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 36 of 65 (909 Views)

Forever Poorly Decorated Lot Bug

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.77.146.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get to Work, Get Together, City Living, Cats and Dogs, Seasons, Get Famous, Island Living, Discover University, Eco Lifestyle, Snowy Escape, Cottage Living, Outdoor Retreat, Spa Day, Dine Out, Vampires, Parenthood, Jungle Adventure, Strangerville, Realm of Magic, Dream Home Decorator, Luxury Party Stuff[, Perfect Patio, Spooky, Movie Hangout, Romantic Garden, Kids Room, Backyard, Vintage Glamour, Bowling Night, Fitness, Toddler, Laundry Day, My First Pet, Moschino, Tiny Living, Knifty Knitting, and Paranormal
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Unsure if you could. It only popped up after a while of playing in live mode on a certain lot.
What happens when the bug occurs? No matter how wonderfully decorated the lot is, sims constantly have a "Poorly Decorated" moodlet.
What do you expect to see? When a lot is fully decorated and the house is drop-dead gorgeous, sims shouldn't have this moodlet. Instead, they should have at least the bare minimum "decorated" moodlet.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

CC does not affect the bug. The lot has no CC and I have turned off CC multiple times to try and figure out what the issue is. The bug that I am encountering is only popping up on the Rock Ridge Canyon lot in Glimmerbrook. No matter what is placed on the lot or taken away, sims still have the "poorly decorated" moodlet. At first, I thought it was the house, and bulldozed the lot to start anew, but I now know it is tied to the lot itself.

Message 37 of 65 (901 Views)

Downloaded Community Lots Always Have Poorly Decorated Moodlet

★ Guide

I recently noticed that every time my Sims visit a lot downloaded from the Community, they always get the poorly decorated moodlet. Anybody else having this problem?

Message 38 of 65 (864 Views)

Re: Downloaded Community Lots Always Have Poorly Decorated Moodlet

Hero
@LuisLTPG Going to merge this with the current bug report but if the lots are from before the original bug was fixed, then those won't be fixed. You might need to change some things around.

If they are newer than Nov 10th, 2020, please send your save (or links to the lots that cause this) to the Nick as asked above.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 39 of 65 (839 Views)

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] Always badly decorated moodlet (Patch 1.68)

★★★★★ Newbie

I’m having this same issue. I sorta fixed it by going into Create a Sim and assigning my character to “like” certain decor. However now I just have the 

“Impeccable Taste” moodlet and the “Poorly Decorated” moodlet 

They just cancel each other out now. 

Message 40 of 65 (793 Views)