Re: Random uncomfortable moodles

by 3989

Original Post

Random uncomfortable moodles

★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.69.59.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? sims get to work, journey to batuu, strangerville, spooky stuff, outdoors retreat
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? make a custom house and move some sims in
What happens when the bug occurs? sims randomly get the poor enviroment uncumfortable debuff at random points
What do you expect to see? Uncomfortable debuff randomly appears in any room, vanilla or custom
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Sims keep getting the 'uncomfortable' moodlet caused by poor decorating...I do not own the eco pack this is meant to be part of but it happens in random rooms of any house I build or buy.  It happens with or without a mod I added to try and solve the 'humans only' bug in the journey to batuu pack.  It began several hours ago as of this post and nothing has fixed it, not even a reinstall or repair.  

It seems to happen randomly during gameplay then persists constantly.  I have also tried disabling the 'build items' in gameplay options which also has not worked

Message 21 of 65 (1,324 Views)
Highlighted

★ Apprentice

I'm having this issue with one lot.  The lot gives the poorly decorated buff even when it's completely bulldozed and nothing is built yet.  The house I placed gives the 'nicely decorated' when I place it any where other than on this lot, which is Rock Ridge in Glimmerbrook.

The poor decor buff is randomly appearing regardless of where on the lot the sim is.

Message 22 of 65 (1,266 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I just realized this problem with a lot I downloaded from the gallery... the lot itself seems good to me but my Sims keep getting the poorly decorated moodlet. Not sure what it is that’s causing the problem. It happened to one of the park lots if that helps

Message 23 of 65 (1,239 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@LifeofTamilton I've downloaded from the gallery too, but even (what I think ) are the most beautiful builds are giving my sims badly decorated moodiest and, as someone else pointed out even an empty Lot - and it was in Sulani! 

Message 24 of 65 (1,206 Views)

★★★★ Expert

I love how they all but removed the nicely and beautifully decorated moodlets but left in the poorly as permanent.

Message 25 of 65 (1,180 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Always badly decorated moodlet (Patch 1.68)

Community Manager (retired)

Could anyone experiencing this issue possibly share a save file with me where you've seen it occur? You can DM me the link to your save, thanks so much!

Instructions for sending me your save: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Tea...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 26 of 65 (1,120 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@SimGuruNick

Personally, I never see any of them any more. No more Decorated, Nicely decorated, beautifully decorated, OR poorly decorated. Nothing. It's like that entire system was removed from the game. Haven't seen any of them in ages. I even tried creating cheat objects that had super-high environment buffs... nothing.

I wish it was back the way it was. It worked beautifully.
Message 27 of 65 (1,087 Views)

★ Guide

My sim get this moodlet when outside on the porch. Feels weird that I would need to have paintings on the outside of the house to make my sim happy. My sim also gets the moodlet if the room doesnt have a painting on the wall. So they get it in the bathroom too. One of the traits is snob though, but still. 

Message 28 of 65 (1,055 Views)

Poorly Decorated Bug is Back

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.72.28.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats and Dogs, Holiday Celebration
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Just bring a sim into any room in live mode. I really don't know what the problem is, maybe it's because my taste in decor is wrong and bad. Turn off "Build Mode Items Grant Gameplay Effects" and see that the moodlet won't go away and it will keep appearing in other rooms.
What happens when the bug occurs? Even with "Build Mode Items Grant Gameplay Effects" off, sims will get the "Poorly Decorated" moodlet. "Something about the wallpaper or floors... just seems off..." even though the walls and floors are both properly finished and not the default concrete/drywall.
What do you expect to see? I expect my sims to not be uncomfortable with my taste in decor. I expect them not to complain that the walls and floors are bad when they're fine. I expect my sims to not even get these moodlets when I have "Build Mode Items Grant Gameplay Effects" turned off.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

The only other instance of this issue claims to have been fixed, but clearly it is not fixed because it keeps happening. I don't even know what decor choices are making my sim uncomfortable. The floor is tiled! The wall is papered! I decorated every room with photos he himself took and paintings he himself made, as well as collectables that he found! This only just started happening this morning. Yesterday it was fine, and I had the exact same sim in the exact same house not complaining about "poorly decorated." I'm about to lose my freaking mind here!

Message 29 of 65 (1,032 Views)

Re: Poorly Decorated Bug is Back

Hero
@Periiwiinkle16 Merged your save with the current thread.

Please send your save to EA as asked here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-SAVES-Always-badly-decorated-moodlet-Patch-1-68/m-p/1018...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 30 of 65 (1,023 Views)