Re: [NEEDS SAVE] [LDSP] WashTub/Clothline: Issues with cleaning laundry

by lozneo

Original Post

★★★ Apprentice

I'm having the exact same issue with my wash tub (on an off-the-grid lot). It's not consistent - sometimes I will get a clean/pristine load first time - but most of the time it's clean/pristine in the tub and then used or dirty when I hang it on the line. I tried the fix that @Rellanthos565 mentioned but it did not work for me - it said it was pristine at 1/4 of the way so I cancelled it and tried hanging it up but it was used on the line. I don't really want to buy a washing machine for my off-the-grid lot but with the amount of time it's currently taking to wash laundry I might have to.

Message 21 of 31 (920 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I'm so sorry my workaround didn't work for you. I do hope they fix it soon so we can use the wash tub properly again.

Message 22 of 31 (913 Views)

Clothes not getting clean, despite washing and rewashing

★★★★ Novice

I've noticed an issue with laundry day as of today. For some reason, despite washing, rewashing, and drying clothes they still show up as dirty and used. Even if they say they're pristine in the washer, the second they get moved to the dryer they're filthy again. And worse, I don't even get an option to wash clothes in the washer. Has anyone else noticed this issue with their game, as of late?

Message 23 of 31 (799 Views)

Re: Clothes not getting clean, despite washing and rewashing

Hero
@DarkxArtemis Did you wash them in the tub or washer ?

Merged this with another thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 24 of 31 (762 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I've tried both. The washer now no longer gives me the option of washing clothes, it says the clothing is pristine despite not washing it. The tub goes through the cleaning animation without changing the status of the cleanliness of the clothing.

Message 25 of 31 (751 Views)

Hero
@DarkxArtemis The washer/dryer issue is probably this one: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-LDSP-Washer-Dryer-Can-t-wash-dry-clothes/m-p/9206976

could you send your save to EA for the wash tub issue ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 26 of 31 (738 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

How is this still not fixed? This has been a known issue for 2 years now.

I have this issue always, making this feature completely unplayable. So sad. Dirty laundry becomes clean after washing it in the washing machine. After running drying it n the tumble dryer it comes out dry but DIRTY.

Can this please be fixed?

Message 27 of 31 (621 Views)

★ Guide

It's now 2024 and this is still happening, I decided to try out laundry because I haven't used it in so long because of this bug and here it is, still getting used clothes after drying on the line.

Message 28 of 31 (292 Views)

★ Guide

Just like you, I also decided to try the washer and dryer recently in my game, and the bug with the dryer was still there. The clothes coming out of the dryer, or the clothes line, were always dirty.

SimGurus: Do you still need saves for this? Where do we send a save if we have one without mods? 

Message 29 of 31 (277 Views)

EA Sims Team
@2hCreations

If you are still encountering this on the latest game version (without mods), would you be willing to share your save file(s)?

If so, please send me a private message with a link to the file.

Instructions here: http://x.ea.com/74420

Thanks!
Message 30 of 31 (247 Views)