[NEEDS SAVES] [LDSP] WashTub/Clothline: Issues with cleaning laundry

by Willowana

Original Post

Re: [NEEDS SAVE] [LDSP] Laundry washed outside goes from Pristine to Used when d

Hero
@NennaRC Could you send your save to Nick as asked above ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 11 of 31 (1,759 Views)

Re: [NEEDS SAVE] [LDSP] Laundry washed outside goes from Pristine to Used when d

★ Apprentice

I'm also seeing this problem with a wash tub on an off-the-grid lot. I sent my save file to SimGuruNick. Deleting the wash tub and buying a new one will fix the problem temporarily.

Message 12 of 31 (1,708 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Did anyone find a solution to this? It is now happening to me the laundry worked fine and then today it started saying everything was dirty after drying no matter where I dried it

Message 13 of 31 (1,613 Views)

Clothes always need to be washed twice with wash tub

★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Suomi
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.77.146.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All Expansion packs, all Game packs, all Stuff packs except: My first pet, Romantic garden, Perfect patio, Luxury party and Journey to Batuu. No Oasis or Dust Kits.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have dirty clothes and wash them in a wash tub. (Bug found at 3 Olde Mill Lane in Cottage Living neighborhood with player built house)
What happens when the bug occurs? The clothes always need to be washed twice. The first time they are washed they come out as used, no matter who washes them (I have 4 sims in my household and have tried with them all) or if I use flowers in the water.
What do you expect to see? Clothes getting clean at least most of the time with one wash. Needing to wash them twice gets old really fast...
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I've been avoiding laundry stuff because I found cleaning clothes very tiring really fast. But after cottage living came out I decided to try again and this time with a wash tub. The problem is, no matter who washes them, with or without additives, the first wash always leaves the clothes "used." I change the water to clean after every wash. I have currently four sims living in my house and I've tried washing the clothes with all of them, as someone in Reddit suggested it might be because of some trait a sim has. But with four sims with different traits it still happens with all of them. I asked about this in Sims4 Reddit and other simmers said that it is absolutely a bug, that it could happen from time to time but shouldn't be happening with every laundry batch. 

Here's a link to save file. There is a batch of just now once washed clothes in the wash tub and a new batch of clothes waiting in the bin next to it.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1o6TncPOPq7_IyyBdhAeP4AXHBProRDMq?usp=sharing

Message 14 of 31 (1,547 Views)

Re: Clothes always need to be washed twice with wash tub

Hero
@Sozki Could you be having this issue: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-LDSP-Laundry-washed-outside-goes-from-Pristine-to/... ?

Yours does sound a bit different but could be same cause.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 15 of 31 (1,511 Views)

★ Guide
@crinrict My drying rack works fine, it's only the washing. I can't say is it similar enough, I'll let you do the judgement with this.
Message 16 of 31 (1,496 Views)

Hero
@Sozki Post #10 what you're seeing: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-SAVE-LDSP-Laundry-washed-outside-goes-from-Pristine-to/m... ?

Unfortunately the laundry threads are all a bit of mix kinda threads and I think the whole pack needs a good overhaul :D

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 17 of 31 (1,486 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@crinrict Mine come out clean after the second wash, laundry just needs to be washed twice every time. But jeah, that #10 is quite close.

Jeah, some rework would do good to it 😅

Message 18 of 31 (1,476 Views)

★ Guide

My sim also has clothes come back as used, I thought it was the drying line at first so I had her upgrade that but still she can wash the clothes and they will say pristine and soaked but then by the time they are dry they suddenly become used. I also noticed random sims that my sims don’t know coming to my lot and taking my laundry off the line and putting it down or away. 

Message 19 of 31 (1,456 Views)

Re: [NEEDS SAVE] [LDSP] WashTub/Clothline: Issues with cleaning laundry

★★★★ Novice

I was also having this issue, but found a way to make it work. When washing in the wash tub, do not let the timer circle complete on the action. When the green goes about 1/4 of the way, the clothes should be pristine. You can check the progress by clicking on the wash tub and hovering over unload and set laundry down. Once the clothes are cleaned to your satisfaction, cancel the washing action and have your sim dry them. The clothes should remain clean or pristine while drying, depending on when you stopped the action. I'm not certain if this is a bug or the intended way the wash tub is supposed to work. 

Message 20 of 31 (1,394 Views)