by iamoz96

Original Post

[NEEDS SAVES] [LDSP] WashTub/Clothline: Issues with cleaning laundry

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.134
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything except Moschino
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Wash clothes in the outdoor tub and hang to dry
What happens when the bug occurs? The clothes will show clean or pristine on the tooltip when moving the clothes to the clothesline, but will be marked Used when dried.
What do you expect to see? clean clothes
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Eco

This has only been a very recent bug. I'm having to do some loads of wash two or three times before they stay clean.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 31 (7,851 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [LDSP]Laundry washed outside goes from Pristine to Used when d

Hero
@Willowana Does this not happen if you wash in washing machine and then hang out to dry ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 31 (7,803 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [LDSP]Laundry washed outside goes from Pristine to Used when d

★ Guide

@crinrict I'm not sure. The lot where I'm experiencing this is off-the-grid. I will play around and see if the washing machine gives the same result.

Message 3 of 31 (7,773 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT][LDSP] Laundry washed outside goes from Pristine to Used when d

★ Pro

I am seeing the same issue, but with a tumble dryer it started after the tumble dryer broke. I rewashed the cloths and they usually show as clean or pristine coming out of washing machine but after drying they show as used again.

Message 4 of 31 (7,748 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT][LDSP] Laundry washed outside goes from Pristine to Used when d

★★★★ Apprentice

I'm having a similar issue on the PC.

Hamper confirms that the clothes are dirty, when put into the washing machine they are being claimed as clean. Yet putting them in the dryer reverts them back to being dirty. 

Message 5 of 31 (7,735 Views)

Laundry is pristine when immediately put in washing machine

★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.27
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything except Eco
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Washing laundry in washing machine
What happens when the bug occurs? Dirty clothes become pristine when just put into the washing machine and dirty again when taken out
What do you expect to see? Clothes get pristine after washing instead of immediately pristine when put in washer
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. June 3rd patch

Annoying issue with washing machines after patch. Clothes are clean and dry when just put in washing machine. Laundry becomes dirty again when taken out of washing machine. Only other way to wash and dry clothes is with wash tub and clothing line.

Message 6 of 31 (7,700 Views)

Re: Laundry is pristine when immediately put in washing machine

★ Pro

Found this in loot_Laundry_Transfer, loot_Laundry_Transfer_Pickup and loot_Laundry_transfer_PickUp_Continuation:

<V n="statistics" t="statistic_set">
<U n="statistic_set">
<T n="advertise">False</T>
<T n="stat">175411<!--Commodity: commodity_Laundry_Object_Cleanliness--></T>
<L n="subject">
<E>Object</E>
</L>
<T n="value">0</T>
</U>
</V>

Message 7 of 31 (7,650 Views)

★★★ Guide

Just had this happen to me the other day. Washed in tub, hung up to dry, then saw they were dry and used. Re-washed in the tub and they were still used. Dumped them on the ground, replaced the water, washed for a third time, and only then were they clean.

Message 8 of 31 (7,618 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [LDSP] Laundry washed outside goes from Pristine to Used when dried

Community Manager (retired)

Could someone experiencing this issue possibly share your save file with me, to help us investigate? You can DM me the link to your save, thanks for the help!

Instructions for sending me your save:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 9 of 31 (7,555 Views)

Re: [NEEDS SAVE] [LDSP] Laundry washed outside goes from Pristine to Used when d

★ Guide

I have tried to wash clothes marked as "used" again in the tub in replaced water with flower scent. They still come out as used after that, so it doesn't even help to wash them twice.

Message 10 of 31 (7,332 Views)