Re: Items Removed pop-up appears when no items removed after 7-20-21 update

by Gadgetdoll

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Items Removed pop-up appears when no items removed (1.77.131)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.77.131.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all BUT Dream Home Decorator, Journey to Batuu, Moschino, Backyard, Courtyard Oasis, Country Kitchen, Throwback Fit
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? load save file and travel to any lot
What happens when the bug occurs? “Items Removed” pop-up to appears when no items were removed from the game. I am running vanilla install; no mods or such.
What do you expect to see? no error
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

This only began after the update that was supposed to fix it was downloaded and installed. Any lot that I travel to gives the pop-up error that a # of build mode items were removed but nothing appears to be gone. and the properties that I am visiting have not been altered and are the games pre-installed lots. *My sim is currently on vacation and received the error at the onsen from Snowy Escape.

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Title

Message 1 of 302 (27,417 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] Items Removed pop-up appears when no items removed (Patch 1.77.131)

Hero

The Items Removed error message will no longer appear if you own everything on the lot.

Fixed in Patch 1.99.264/1.78

please create a new thread if you're still experiencing this issue,

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 302 of 302 (4,336 Views)

All Replies

Hero
@Gadgetdoll You say any lot. Does it matter if EA build or your own ?

Is that an old or new save ?

I travelled to about 10 lots now in my game and can't duplicate this.

Could you also test a different save game ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 302 (27,383 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm having the same issue. Mine says 13 items were removed. No mods or CC here either. I tried repairing the game and still get the same error.

I'm wondering if it's a glitch with one of the packs? We seem to have similar packs installed, the only difference being I own Moschino and Backyard but not the Patio or Fitness packs.

Message 3 of 302 (27,340 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Correct, lots only EA made or made only by me. It's my original save file. There is only 1 controlled sim in that whole game file. I have not modified any of the properties this sim is visiting.

I don't have any other saves files.

Would you rather have me start a whole new file?

Message 4 of 302 (27,315 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Apprentice

Also, I started a new game and this error was not appearing on any of lots. Could it be that the update broke old saves for those who didn't even have the issue to begin with?

Message 5 of 302 (27,306 Views)

Hero
@Gadgetdoll I think for the moment it's fine. Let's see how many others are still affected.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 302 (27,301 Views)

★★ Guide

I had this on a previous save from a week ago, I loaded into the save after the patch, and it immediately told me 9 items were removed from my lot. No mods/CC ever used in the save.

Message 7 of 302 (27,296 Views)

Re: Items Removed pop-up appears when no items removed (Patch 1.77.131)

★★★★ Novice

Same issue, exactly. Only change is today's update. No mods, no cc. All lots, says 12-17 items removed everytime, as if I don't own the packs I own, but origin shows my packs are installed and they all seem active.

Fix it ea please.

I'm too scared to play in case I mess my world up.

Can I play or not?

Message 8 of 302 (27,179 Views)

★ Apprentice

Same issue. I only started getting the items removed message after the update. I get it at every place I visit including when my sim goes to work at the police station. 

Message 9 of 302 (27,142 Views)

★ Apprentice

Also observed after update to 1.77.131.1230 (Mac).

- Save file is my existing legacy save, which includes the fourth generation of my legacy and a house I built (San Myshuno, Old Salt House lot)

- Occurred immediately after update and repairing game after update

- Launched game, was presented with the attached screenshot

- No idea which items were removed

- Did not observe the error message when I created a new "test family" and launched into that family

- Did not observe when I loaded up my other legacy family save

- I have all Expansion, Game, Stuff packs as well as all Kits installed

Other observations:

- Before I got the items removed prompt, I received a "you received downloadable content!" for purchasing the Cottage Living expansion.

I'm not sure what else I can grab here, so I'll try and do a quick look through my Sim's home and see if anything is actually missing.

Message 10 of 302 (27,088 Views)