by dolldrms1

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] "The Sentinel" level 4 Tech Guru reward cannot be placed

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.13
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Attempt to place The Sentinel (level 4 Tech Guru reward) from housing inventory.
What happens when the bug occurs? It will not allow you to place the item. Your cursor goes out of the menu like it's supposed to, but there is no item to place. You are unable to return to any menus unless you select a different item in the game world to unglitch the game.
What do you expect to see? I'd like to place The Sentinel properly.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Just a small bug, but would like to see it fixed. Here's a video of me explaining it and showing what happens: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZsJY4w_5eQ

Message 1 of 11 (2,327 Views)

Re: [PS4] "The Sentinel" level 4 Tech Guru reward cannot be placed

Community Manager (retired)

Hey @MagitekPixel are you still having this issue? Could you possibly share a save file, if so? We've been having trouble reproducing. This link has info on how to do that, thanks so much for the help! https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 2 of 11 (2,220 Views)

Can't Place The Sentinel Career Reward from HH Inventory

★ Pro

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.54.120.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All content released to date.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have sim get level 4 career reward from Tech Guru career.
What happens when the bug occurs? Career rewards are game placed into hh inventory. This reward can't be placed.
What do you expect to see? Able to place The Sentinel career reward onto a wall.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Went to place Tech Guru level 4 career reward, The Sentinel clock, and it couldn't be placed. It looks as though it was grabbed with cursor but nothing shows to actually place on a wall. As a matter-of-fact, the cursor will allow any other object to be grabbed while trying to place, even though the reward item is still highlighted.

Have tried in two different households on two different saves with same results. The reward item can be sold and does unlock so another can be purchased. Just be sure to sell first because if you buy before selling the one in the household inventory, the funds are deducted but the inventory item is zapped out of existence so there isn't anything left to sell. Yeah, I made that mistake in the first household, lol.

Message 3 of 11 (2,221 Views)

Re: Can't Place The Sentinel Career Reward from HH Inventory

EA Sims Team

Sul Sul, @dolldrms1!!!

First of all, thanks for taking the time to raise this issue to our team! We appreciate your help a lot. :eahigh_file:

Do you mind having a look at this report as it sounds pretty similar to what you described in your report. If you feel like the report is about the same issue, you can hit the [Me Too] button on the report and let us know so we can merge your report with the already existing one. Standard smile
And don't worry about the different platform and the report being about an issue on PlayStation 4, it still appears to be the same issue Standard smile

Thanks again and Happy Simming! Party hat

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 4 of 11 (2,197 Views)
Highlighted

★ Pro
@SimGuruKuxiku I have gone ahead and clicked "me too" and have no problem with your merging my report into that thread. However, I did note it is designated as a PS4 problem and that's not the platform I'm using. I play on PC.

Sorry, that thread didn't come up on my search. I honestly do try and check for an existing report before posting. If it's on the master compiled list, I missed it there, too. Wow, batted 0, lol.
Message 5 of 11 (2,192 Views)

Hero
@dolldrms1 @MagitekPixel

Is this still an issue for you guys ? I tested this and it places fine for me.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 11 (2,074 Views)

★ Novice

I have this problem too.  It's just sitting in my family inventory and I can't seem to place it.

Message 7 of 11 (1,933 Views)

Hero
@knightlyknave What platform are you on ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 8 of 11 (1,903 Views)

★ Novice
@crinrict PC. On Origin.
Message 9 of 11 (1,887 Views)

Hero
@knightlyknave Could you please send your save to QA as asked above. I For me it worked fine the last time I tried. Did this just glitch out for you or was it stuck before ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 11 (1,881 Views)