by rostsit

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] "Publish 10 books" milestone counts inproperly

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Русский язык
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.59.73.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Reach Novelest Novelist stage of the Bestselling Author aspiration, try to publish 10 books
What happens when the bug occurs? Of the 3 means of publishing books only one works, despite there are no limitations in the requirments
What do you expect to see? Either the should be requirements to publish books in a certain way, or every way of publishing must count.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

As the description says it -  either the should be requirements to publish books in a certain way, or every way of publishing must count. I lost several of my books before i figured out wich way to publish is correct.

Message 1 of 13 (1,878 Views)

Re: "Publish 10 books" milestone for Bestselling Author counts inprope

[ Edited ]
Hero

@rostsit And which one is working ?

Found this in the old collection thread: Milestone 3: Novelest Novelist - Publish 10 Books: Submit book copy to literary digest doesn't count so that one seems to be known.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 13 (1,852 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@crinrict You can merge the threads, I didn't manage to found the one you've mentioned. But in my case, both submit to literary and publish by oneself don't work, only submit to publisher counts.

Message 3 of 13 (1,838 Views)

Hero
@rostsit No, the old one is archived as it was a collection thread. It's good to have a fresh one.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 13 (1,832 Views)

Bestselling author aspiration wont count 10 books published

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Current
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Best selling author aspiration #3
What happens when the bug occurs? It will not count self published books... I cant ever complete this ever because it will not count self published books. It took 1, but won't give anymore out of 10. Frown
What do you expect to see? I want to be able to complete this aspiration and have it so that self published books are counted appropriately
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

It will not count self published books... I cant ever complete this ever because it will not count self published books. It took 1, but won't give anymore out of 10. Frown

I want to be able to complete this aspiration and have it so that self published books are counted appropriately

Message 5 of 13 (1,664 Views)

Re: Bestselling author aspiration wont count 10 books published

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Tanyanadin747 Do other other published books count properly ? Is it just self-published ?

Going to merge this with existing thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 13 (1,645 Views)

★ Novice

All published books.

I have tried every option.

I have also tried writing a book in one sitting and mailing it out right away and still won't work.

I know you have to wait 1 sim week before you can submit another, but ive raised a family snd still cant get my 2nd published book to register

Message 7 of 13 (1,617 Views)

Hero
@Tanyanadin747 Could you test another Sim to see if it's Sim related or a general issue ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 13 (1,598 Views)

★ Novice

I have tested this with:

Multiple new saved files

Newly created sims

Already created townies moved into the family lot

Uninstall and reinstall game and all packs.

This has been ongoing for at least a year and half minimum 

Thanks!!

Message 9 of 13 (1,561 Views)

Hero
@Tanyanadin747 OK. Thank you.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 13 (1,534 Views)