Re: "order drinks for group" animation when far away from the bar.

by crinrict

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] "Order drinks for group" animation when far away from the bar

[ Edited ]
★★ Expert

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? n/a
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cool Kitchen SP, Fitness SP.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? have the active Sim order drinks for a group.
What happens when the bug occurs? the animation (hand motion) happens wherever the Sim is standing, even when nowhere near the bar/bartender.
What do you expect to see? the Sim walk to the bar first, and actually ask the bartender for it. as when they walk up when a single drink is ordered.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

i've just remembered this, so i have no idea how long i've been seeing it for. i want to say it happens every time (as it has so far) but i've decided to test multiple times in a row. i just don't want to forget again.

as an example, let's say two (or more) Sims go to a pub/lounge/nightclub as a group. when i click on the bar or the bartender, to have the active Sim buy multiple drinks, the group doesn't walk over and sit/stand before the bartender before ordering (as Sims do before "waving" to order a single drink for themselves)--the active Sim will do the circular hand motion with the raised index finger wherever they are standing. only then they will all walk over to the bar, the group following the active Sim.

it does make sense to see that interaction when they are near the bar/already sitting there, but not when they're too far from the bartender to "see" them, or even outside the venue itself.

Message 1 of 7 (1,433 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Just tried this myself and I can say that the same happens for me. My sim stood outside the house lol xD
I don't have any of your packs but many others so it's not pack-related either.  I haven't noticed it before but maybe i'm just cheap and always order for myself Wink

Message 2 of 7 (1,383 Views)

★★ Expert

thanks for testing, @CMeki. i do remember this happened to me when i owned the base game with no other content.

Message 3 of 7 (1,380 Views)
Highlighted

Hero

Duplicated and added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 7 (1,350 Views)

★★ Expert

thank you, @crinrict. while i have done this in real life... i always waited until the bartender could see me! *sigh* Sims have got so much to learn.

Message 5 of 7 (1,344 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] "Order drinks for group" animation when far away fro

★★★★★ Apprentice
Been noticing this now sim actually walked away from the bar to order a round of drinks a few feet away.
Message 6 of 7 (1,252 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] "Order drinks for group" animation when far away fro

★★★ Guide
I've been noticing this as well.
Message 7 of 7 (1,218 Views)