by justbugreportin

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] "Needs No One" trait is not working as advertised

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.47.51.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Add "Needs No One" to all unplayed sims then start playing a game with played sim.
What happens when the bug occurs? Unplayed sim, completely stranger(Acquaintance), still start talking to me while I'm doing other things such as reading a book.
What do you expect to see? A Sim who have "Needs No One" trait _should not_ initialize _automatic_ conversation to anyone, because this trait is advertised as "never socialize". "Needs No One" sim can talk to me, if I _manually_ talk to him/her. Do not join to my sim's conversation or do not interrupt what I am doing.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. GF. Clearly. GF broke "MTS SocialPariah trait" mod and I had to delete a bunch of useless unplayed sims just for this. (yeah, I've added SocialPariah to all unplayed sim, just for this)

Whoever created this game should try this for us.

Go to any restraurant.

Sit down and order something.

Then, talk to nearby stranger. He/she will upload your photo to Facebook, Twitter with "#weird" hashtag.

Please, fix this already. Frown

Message 1 of 4 (2,707 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] "Needs No One" trait is not working as advertised

★★ Apprentice

Needs Input? O'rly?

carls-sims-4-guide:
"Needs No One: 5,000: This reward, available with the base game, makes your Sim no longer require socialization. At all."

sims.fandom.com Wiki:
"Needs No One 5,000 Sims that Need No One never need to socialize"

forums.thesims.com Comment:
"I wanted to make a true loner sim since the actual loner trait doesn't seem to make a different because those sims start conversations just like any other sim!"

Message 2 of 4 (2,687 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Apprentice

This could be fixed by adding another <U> (Invert score if NeedsNOopsne trait is exist in sender(start talking) Sim) to the current "interaction" type scan such as "SocialPickerSI".

Message 3 of 4 (2,686 Views)

Champion
Mods are not supported, so if this social pariah mod is not working, you should get the mod creator to update it.

For reward traits, I’ve always understood the meaning of their effects to be a suspension of need decay or the ignoring of negative moodlets. “Never needing” or “no longer requiring” social does not equal never doing social interactions. It just means they don’t need them to survive, not that they don’t want it.

Autonomous friendly interactions by all sims whether they need it or just want it is the intended game design, and until the recent Get Famous patch it was broken in venues like bars and people complained to get it back working like this - because a bug is when something works one way originally and then stops working.

It seems like you want a specific behaviour for a really specific RP situation, and should therefore seek the mod creators to make this for you.

For things like this, I’d suggest you would get more audience as a feedback post in game information, or the feedback board on the official Sims forums, or in the mod request thread on the official forums, rather than a bug report.
Message 4 of 4 (2,612 Views)