Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] "Make Connections" Computer Interaction Not Selectable

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.51.77.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Expansions: All Game Packs: Parenthood, Dine Out Stuff Packs: My First Pet, Perfect Patio
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a Sim receive the Webmaster trait. Then have the Sim get onto a computer in the house and try to use the "Make Connections" option.
What happens when the bug occurs? The "Make Connections" option is grayed out and there is a message indicating the computer is broken when it is not: "This interaction cannot be performed on a broken object. Repair it first."
What do you expect to see? The option working on the computer. The only workaround is to delete the computer and then the option is available.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

This is an updated report based on the initial report here:  [OPEN] 'Make connections' interaction grayed out

Message 1 of 16 (1,465 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] "Make Connections" Computer Interaction Not Selectab

EA Sims Team

Hello.

We released a PC/Mac patch today (version 1.59.73) that may have fixed this issue. If this issue is still occurring for you on PC/Mac after updating your game, let us know.

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

View in thread

Message 5 of 16 (1,220 Views)

All Replies

Hero
Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 16 (1,377 Views)

★★★★★ Pro

My current Sim is getting the grayed out command on the All-In-One Powerful PC. The command is not grayed out on her Customized Portable Computer.

Message 3 of 16 (1,309 Views)

★ Pro

There seem to be 3 stages of brokeness: broken (0-30), neutral (31-70) and unbroken (70-100). Even though your computer is still useable if neutral the "Make Connections" interaction will be greyed out because it checks for "unbroken" only.

Message 4 of 16 (1,294 Views)

EA Sims Team

Hello.

We released a PC/Mac patch today (version 1.59.73) that may have fixed this issue. If this issue is still occurring for you on PC/Mac after updating your game, let us know.

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 5 of 16 (1,221 Views)

★★★★★ Pro

I just reread the entire patch notes for Update 12/12/2019 PC: 1.59.73.1020 / Mac: 1.59.73.1220. I did not find any mention of this issue. I'm curious to know what makes you think the update "may have fixed this issue" when there is no mention of it in the notes. I don't think you should be marking issues as resolved when there is no reason to think they have been.

Message 6 of 16 (1,198 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Sketch793 Not everything is in the patch notes but sometimes stuff gets fixed anyways. If someone from the QA team says it's may be fixed, I mark them as such until proven otherwise (cause otherwise they'll just stay open forever cause no one ever comes back to say it's fixed)

Did you test if it still occurs ?

Maybe @kusurusu could confirm that what they saw as issue is no longer there ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 7 of 16 (1,185 Views)

★ Pro
@crinrict Can confirm. Game now tests if computer is broken (like any other interaction). As a bonus you get a new tooltip if you attempt to make connections twice in 24h.
Message 8 of 16 (1,182 Views)

Hero
@kusurusu Thank you for confirming this.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 16 (1,174 Views)

★★★★★ Pro

I'm in the middle of testing it now. I used cheats to complete the Computer Whiz aspiration and give my sim the Webmaster trait. She is now sitting in front of a computer waiting for it to reach the almost broken stage. Unfortunately, I don't know any cheats that will allow me to change the computer's condition so there's no way to speed this up. Of course, I really shouldn't be the one testing whether a bug has been fixed. That's the job of someone at EA. If the bug was fixed it should have been in the patch notes.

I am well aware that computer problems sometimes get fixed even though nobody knows how it happened. Nonetheless, a verified bug should not be considered fixed until somebody has verified that it is actually fixed. The presumption that a bug has been fixed just because an update was issued, without the patch mentioning the problem, puts the responsibility for verification on the wrong party.

Message 10 of 16 (1,168 Views)