Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [XB1] Skin Glitch

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.23.61.2300
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Island Living, Cats and Dogs, City Living, Laundry Day, Get to Work, Seasons
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I tried the cheat “cas.fulleditmode” a lot. If that makes a difference?
What happens when the bug occurs? Character neck glitches and some hairstyles as well, also the sideburns.
What do you expect to see? No skin glitch of any type.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Fairly new to the game, issue never happened until today. 

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 1 of 13 (2,422 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: (XB1) Skin Glitch

Hero

We saw your feedback about the October skin tones update and, to improve clarity and transparency, we shared a first look on Twitter of the fix in progress. With this patch, the Console game gets the October fixes for texture compression, resolving the banding on the cheeks and foreheads as well as discoloration on the tip of the nose. In addition, this patch addresses the two community-identified issues of red dots around the lips and a dark blotch between the eyes. The red dots around the lips should be completely resolved at this time. The dark blotch between the eyes was softened to remove the hard edge, but the darkening is expected as part of the shadowing around the nose.

Marking this as solved as part of the skin tone update 1.33

Please create a new thread if you still have issues.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 13 of 13 (2,040 Views)

All Replies

Hero
@abc68gebj18bb1 Could you post some more pictures (hairstyles, sideburn) and encircle the issue on the picture ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 13 (2,334 Views)

★★★ Novice
@crinrict I made a last minute decision and uninstalled the game..... but when it re-installs I’ll take those pictures ASAP. My apologies. I’ll be in contact with you later on.
Message 3 of 13 (2,324 Views)

★★★ Novice

@crinrict Ok back, apologies again for the wait. Here’s one picture. It’s not my original hair but here’s the neck glitch I was referring too. 

Message 4 of 13 (2,248 Views)

★★★ Novice

@crinrictHere’s the sideburn part I also mentioned. 

Message 5 of 13 (2,246 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@abc68gebj18bb1 And this happens to all hairstyles and beards and is not specific to some combinations ?

Also just in CAS or also ingame ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 13 (2,173 Views)

★★★ Novice

Well the issue happened after I used CAS just yesterday a couple of times as I noticed my other sims have some little issues too. From what I’ve seen it sticks with most of the hairstyles. I tried turning CAS off followed by testingcheats off as well and saving/loading but still the same issue. Also when I get a side look at my character it does this weird thing as seen in the image. That’s been there since I started... which was not too long ago. Wondering if it has a solution, sorry if I’m not explaining too well. 

Message 7 of 13 (2,150 Views)

Hero
@abc68gebj18bb1 It's fine. I see what you mean on your pictures.

Since you're on XB1 I just can't help much. There are a few issues that are cause by combining certain items or just because something is wrong with the asset.

Yours looks like a more general issue. All I can do is forward it to be looked into though.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 13 (2,125 Views)

★★★ Novice

I would appreciate the forward. Hopefully there’s a work around. Thanks for taking the time to assist me though. If you hear anything back please let me know. Thanks again. 

Message 9 of 13 (2,110 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@crinrict Yeah I’m getting the same issue on Xbox too, wondering if there’s a fix yet? 

Message 10 of 13 (1,991 Views)