by Abradley745

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] Wrong Exit Shower/Tub Animations

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.50.67.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All current of February 22nd 2019
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? take a show and a bath
What happens when the bug occurs? every time with all showers, and most bathtubs.
What do you expect to see? the regular exit shower and tub animation
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. After the pre-patch on February 19th for Strangerville

When showering or bathing my sim will exit all showers with the weird shimmy from the outdoor showers from Outdoor retreat and exit most bathtubs with very similar animation to the skinny dip leave animation from the Hot tubs. I tested this without mods as well in my game with a fresh save and the result was the same. I thought it was something I had done, but when I removed everything from my game and started a fresh save and it still occurred I figured at this point, I'd report it. I am attaching a picture of all the tubs that still have the correct exit animation. in the attached picture, the shower tub combo has the correct bath exit, but the wrong shower exit.

Message 1 of 10 (1,379 Views)

Re: Wrong Exit Shower/Tub Animations

Hero
Could you attach a little video of what you're seeing ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 10 (1,336 Views)

★★★ Guide

I would love to but I am having trouble attaching them, every time I hit submit this form removes them and resets.

Message 3 of 10 (1,315 Views)

★★★ Guide

wrong shower and bath animations.

Message 4 of 10 (1,314 Views)

Hero

Tested this and it works fine in my game

Try resetting your user files as described in the factory reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

You won't loose anything. Just make sure to not delete any files  and make a backup.

After renaming, repair your game by right clicking on the game in Origin.

Try on a new game with nothing added back first (start new game). If it works, put back your save game and try again. If it still works, you can start putting stuff back.

• Options.ini (or just re-set all your settings manually)
  • Tray Folder
  • Screenshots/Videos/Custom music
  • Rest of the save games (leave out slot_00000001.save which is the autosave and no longer needed - if you still have it)
  • Custom content like clothing, hair, skins, make up ....
  • Mods (one by one, making sure they all still work)

The rest does not need putting back, cause they are mostly cache files that recreate or log files that are not needed for the game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 10 (1,304 Views)

★★★ Guide

After following those step .. the error is still occurring in the new game on factory settings.

Message 6 of 10 (1,295 Views)

Hero
OK. I'll put this on needs input to see if other have this issue.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 10 (1,291 Views)

Hero
Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 10 (1,203 Views)

★★★ Guide

So this is awkward... but I was able to buy and install Strangerville.. and all my wrong tub and shower animations corrected. So somehow adding strangerville fixed my issue?

Message 9 of 10 (1,190 Views)

Hero
That's good info. I def. had StrangerVille installed at the time I tested (early access).

I can try again tomorrow with the pack disabled. Maybe it's a patch only issue.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 10 (1,186 Views)