by ChrisieHewitt

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] Work From Home Career: Promotion still available at highest stage

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.58.63.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? None
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Reach level 10 Stylist Career
What happens when the bug occurs? The game shows a promotion is still available
What do you expect to see? Just the progress bar towards a raise not promotion.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

https://prnt.sc/ptzpbj 

Message 1 of 8 (836 Views)

Re: Promotion still available at highest stage

Hero
@ChrisieHewitt This isn't a bug. You can still get raises after level 10. While you don't progress further on the bar, you'll get more money. It's practically a raise after level 10.

Moving this to game info.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 8 (807 Views)

★★ Novice

You have misunderstood what the image was trying to show. I should of posted these too:

https://prnt.sc/pxuhfq

https://prnt.sc/pxukca

That is what jobs at the max level (10) should display. Not that a promotion is still available.

Message 3 of 8 (748 Views)

Hero
@ChrisieHewitt is this just for this career ?

(moved it back)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 8 (736 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Novice

Thank you for moving it back Thumbs up
As far as I can tell, yes. I haven't maxed out all the jobs on different sims yet but so far this is the only one that has the issue.

Message 5 of 8 (733 Views)

Hero
@ChrisieHewitt OK. thanks

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 8 (726 Views)

[DU] Mechanical Engineer career has additional promotion tasks at rank 10

★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.58.69.1010 (64 Bit)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All packs except Toddler Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Get a sim to the top level of the Mechanical Engineer track, 'Master of Machines.'
What happens when the bug occurs? Even though this is the top level of the career track, 'Promotion Tasks' still appear in the Career pane. Sims can meet this criteria and max out the performance bar, but no promotion or raise occurs. Sims who reach the top of this career track will never get raises again.
What do you expect to see? At level 10 of this career, no promotion tasks should be present. Sims should get occasional raises as they max out their performance bar.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

It looks like the promotion tasks for this career track are off by one level. Typically to reach the max level of a career, Sims have to reach level 10 of the appropriate skill. However for Mechanical Engineering you need 8 points in Robotics to get promoted to career level 9, 9 points in Robotics to reach career level 10... then after you reach the top of this career track, it asks you to reach level 10 Robotics skill. Since no further promotions are available this has broken the 'raise' system where sims get pay increases for filling the performance bar beyond that point.

My game has a few pieces of CAS custom content only. Tested it again in a brand new save with all CC disabled and found the same thing.

Message 7 of 8 (719 Views)

Re: [DU] Mechanical Engineer career has additional promotion tasks at rank 10

Hero
@Auleric merged your post with existing thread. The other was for stylist but it's probably the same issue and potentially happening for all work from home careers.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 8 (680 Views)