Original Post

Accepted Solution

[NEEDS INPUT] Witnessing NPCs birth spawns infinite amount of cribs/ no baby

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.62.67.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? none
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? when you have your sims "try for a baby" with another sim who's not your girlfriend/ not living with you.
What happens when the bug occurs? (1st time i've tried this out, and it happened) I visited the Kim Lewis house, and the lady(in my case Alice Spencer Kim Lewis) got pregnant with my child, but when the due date arrived, she doesn't give birth to the baby(s), and just keeps popping up a TON of cribs with no kid in them around the house.. Take note, that she's NOT my girlfriend in the game, just decided to get frisky with her and then this happened.
What do you expect to see? I was hoping she'd have the kid like normal.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

The cribs kept popping up. it go SO bad, that i had to create ANOTHER room for the extra cribs that kept popping up as seen in the 3rd screenshot.

fyi.. i've had CC's put in.. and they are only clothing CC's.

EDIT by Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title

Message 1 of 7 (2,733 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Need help with Pregnancy..

★★★★ Guide

@AbeChangsta , @Sketch793 

NPC sim will never give birth to a baby sims in the presence of a guest. She will only give birth to empty cradle/Bassinets. This happen to my sims and they were married but living apart she had 20 plus Bassinets every where she walked even when the sims husband was not around.[.cause was said to be a modesty code] What to do Is to leave that family/lot and then waited for the message that the baby sims was born. And in my case the message appeared the next day. To remove bassinet you know the building part in manage worlds click and remove.

Good Luck 

View in thread

Message 7 of 7 (2,548 Views)

All Replies

★ Pro

If you do not live there, leave, as inactive sims do not seem to be able to give birth on a lot with active sims. Check back in a few hours to see if she has had the baby then. If that does not help could be your mods.

Message 2 of 7 (2,687 Views)

★★★★★ Pro

Just tried this out and I can confirm that it's happening without mods or custom content. Never noticed it before but this was probably the first time my Sim was on the lot while an unplayed Sim was giving birth, except for the Doctor career.

Message 3 of 7 (2,651 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@loyabe she gave birth after i left lol.. but she popped up like an extra 10 cribs before she gave birth. and the Custom content(which is the only thing i use) didn't affect it. now the problem with the cribs popping up like crazy still exist though
Message 4 of 7 (2,586 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@Sketch793 i assume it's some sort of bug with the game. granted the kid will be born eventually, but at the cost of having to know when to bail out of the inactive sims house, and if no out fast enough, you get like 10+ cribs JUST like that is crazy
Message 5 of 7 (2,582 Views)

★ Pro

Glad she finally had her baby, Congratulations. As for the extra cribs you may have to make that house active temporarily, at least just so you can sell/delete those extra cribs as they can cause routing issues.

Message 6 of 7 (2,549 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@AbeChangsta , @Sketch793 

NPC sim will never give birth to a baby sims in the presence of a guest. She will only give birth to empty cradle/Bassinets. This happen to my sims and they were married but living apart she had 20 plus Bassinets every where she walked even when the sims husband was not around.[.cause was said to be a modesty code] What to do Is to leave that family/lot and then waited for the message that the baby sims was born. And in my case the message appeared the next day. To remove bassinet you know the building part in manage worlds click and remove.

Good Luck 

Message 7 of 7 (2,549 Views)