Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Welcome Wagon gets stuck in apartments

by Fischreuse

Original Post

Re: Welcome Wagon doesn't start and neighbors are starving behind my door

★★★ Apprentice

So I am having an issue where it keeps happening when Sims come over for welcome wagon and they don't go home.  In San Muyshuo it was 3 sims who didn't go home and couldn't care for themselves. In Sulani it was a couple and it happened 3 times.  I had to go to the sims house and bring them home.  Thanks

Message 11 of 24 (2,371 Views)

★ Guide

I got this problem with Strangerville game pack. The sims came every day with a fruitcake and just stayed outside my house. Now in Sulani, the "welcome to the neighborhood" event repeats.. 

Message 12 of 24 (2,346 Views)

★★ Guide

Since years it is a little bit difficult with the visit to be welcome by neighbours. Therfore I save the game shortly before a visit is expectetd. If it works not well, I can repet the sequenz. The seccond try was often better.

Often they need a good place to put the very well tasting cake Standard smile. Other problem can be the entrance of a house, perhaps the place of a foundation in front of the door is to small an the sims cannot move enought. Try another door as maine door, wenn a neighbours visit is expected. And it may help to have a table outside near the door for the cake.

Time of reaction seem to be also a problem, when I remarked the visit to late.

The visitors are going in my game, when the event is finished. I have never seen, that they stay. But that they didn't come in had happend several times.

Message 13 of 24 (2,335 Views)

Welcome Wagon Social Event Failing

★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.60.54.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get Together, Realm of Magic, Cats and Dogs, City Living, Vampires, Spa Day, Backyard, Luxury Party, Movie Hangout, Romantic Garden, Spooky, Vintage Glamour
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Create or place a sim, move into a lot, house or apartment, wait for the 'welcome wagon' social event
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims come for the event, but they cannot leave
What do you expect to see? Sims come for the event, then leave
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Sims come with the dreaded fruitcake, but simply stand there. the banner with the name and the timer do not appear, so the event cannot be canceled. They won't leave unless I force them to go with cheats, even if their bladder or hunger motive drops to 0 and they make a mess of themselves or starve to death(picture 3). this is a new save created specifically to test this issue (picture 1), but the bug occurs even on legacy edition. I've tried to repair the game as well, but it failed (picture 2).

Message 14 of 24 (2,263 Views)

Re: Welcome Wagon Social Event Failing

Hero
@BriarRosamelia I merged your post with existing thread on the issue.

Please make sure to click me too on the first post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 15 of 24 (2,255 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Welcome Wagon gets stuck in apartments

★ Apprentice

My neighbors have been stuck outside 1310 21 Chic Street for the last three days. One is from another of my households and I'd rather they not die in my hallway. Will test to see if they're still there if I swap active households and come back, but it's still an odd issue to run into. 

Neighbors in Hallway 1.png

Message 16 of 24 (2,201 Views)

Re: Neighbours just standing outside?!

★ Guide

I get this issue in San Myshuno even without mods. I got this when testing vanilla looking for a different error. The Welcome Wagon came over because I had just moved my Sims into the lot.

Message 17 of 24 (2,168 Views)

Re: Welcome Wagon Social Event Failing

★★★★ Novice

So, here's a non-cheat cheat to this issue, the 'private' lot trait prevents this event from happening at all

Message 18 of 24 (1,955 Views)

Re: Welcome Wagon doesn't start and neighbors are starving behind my door

★★★★ Novice

I don't know if it helps much but I've noticed that when this happens, there's one sim that all the others seem to be waiting on that's not registering as "neighbor" when I hover over them. That specific sim gets stuck taking out the trash on a loop while all the others stand around.

Message 19 of 24 (1,896 Views)

Re: Welcome wagon broken

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

@Sigzy05Yeah I'm having this too in 17 Culpepper. I tried exiting to main menu, didn't help but I'll try travelling to another neighbourhood next.

edit: yep, can confirm that travelling did the trick! Also I got double amount of fruitcake since they left the first dish in the hallway, yaaay :D Party hat

Message 20 of 24 (1,590 Views)