by gizmorgan

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] Walls that adjoin roofs broken

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.66.139.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get to work, Cats and Dogs, City Living, Dine Out, Eco Lifestyle, Discover University, Get Famous, Seasons, Bowling Night, Outdoor Retreat, Spa Day, Movie Hangout, Parenthood, Jungle Adventure, Perfect Patio, Cool Kitchen, Romantic Garden, Laundry Day, Moschino, Tiny Living,
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? If you are in build mode, and place a roof piece adjacent to a room (Ex on the second floor, doing half roof and half room).
What happens when the bug occurs? The wall is cut into in the roof segment, and either becomes see-through or the room ceases to exist and the wall that is touching the "roof wall" becomes roof.
What do you expect to see? Before the patch, the roof could sit adjacent to a room/walls without this issue. Classic clipping of the roofing into the room is NOT the same as this issue, and attempting to "rebuild" the wall after placing the roof does nothing.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made.

20Sep

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title

Message 1 of 6 (1,660 Views)

Re: Sept 2020 patch broke walls that adjoin roofs

[ Edited ]
Champion

@gizmorgan Hello! I have just tested in my game and I can confirm that this is what I see:

• If the roof from the first floor only goes to the following max height, the outside wall covering from that roofing does not override the room's wall covering where they intersect:
    max height.jpg
  • However, if that roofing from the first floor is raised any further, the outside wall covering from that roofing does then override the room's wall covering where they intersect:
    raised roof.jpg
  • Furthermore, if you raise that roof to an even higher pitch, an open area is created on the two sides of that two tile intersection:
    raised roof with openings.jpg

Personally, I would consider this a bug or oversight in design. This would make certain types of designs that involve roofing with a high pitch unworkable. 

I have never had Mods or CC in my game, I own all packs, and my game is fully updated/patched. I'm on a Mac.

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 2 of 6 (1,516 Views)

Yeah, I see this too. The lighting isn't right either. The exposed gable end above a floor will light up or not depending on whether the room below has lights. This shouldn't happen if these is a floor cutting off the light source:

09-13-20_9_37_58 PM.png

09-13-20_9_38_00 PM.png

Lights removed:

09-13-20_9_37_46 PM.png

The roof tool seems smoother to me since the September patch but the gable end shouldn't override the internal wall, which is what seems to now happen:

09-13-20_9_38_51 PM.png

And yep, horrible things are happening when you raise the pitch of the roof:

09-13-20_9_40_18 PM.png

@gizmorgan @SheriGR 

Please can you provide more information about your Macs. Instructions on how to do so and what to provide here - http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-4-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting/m-p/4612...

I'm also on a Mac.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 3 of 6 (1,482 Views)

★★ Novice

Yes this is exactly what it looks like to me as well, I've included some screenshots of my game in my original post!

Message 4 of 6 (1,466 Views)

★★ Novice

I am on MacBook Air OS Catalina, version 10.15.6.

Processor: 1.8 GHz Dual-Core Intel Core i5

Memory: 8GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 6000 1636 MB

I'm playing the regular version of the Sims (Not legacy edition) and all mods have been removed

Message 5 of 6 (1,465 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@gizmorgan @Bluebellflora @SheriGR 

Ok, I've tested this twice with different results.

The first time, I did it in my existing build and test save and I could not make it happen.  But after seeing @SheriGR and @Bluebellflora posts, I tested it again and was able to get it to happen with both gable and half hip roofs. 

The second time, I created a brand new Sims 4 folder and then it showed up.  I also deleted the localthumbcache file in the Build and Test save and then it happened there too.  Interestingly enough, it does not happen on the gable roof if you use a single roof that goes through the upstairs room but it does happen if you use two room sections, one on either side of the room.  I also found that if you brought the roof into the room 1 tile, it didn't happen but there is no gable end on that end of the roof then.  Screenshot (77) copy.jpg

Btw, I play on a Win10 PC so this is not just happening on Macs.

Hope this helps.

Message 6 of 6 (1,444 Views)