[FIXED] [S] Work Day turns into Holiday on it's own

by majik1213

Original Post

Re: Sims not going to work, apparent holiday

Hero

HI @Songbird116

I'm afraid I don't know of any other way to solve this at this point.

Just send them to work manually then ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 11 of 79 (1,865 Views)

★★★ Newbie
You can’t send them to work they think it’s a holiday, it counts down to the shift the skips it and begins counting to the next shift.
I don’t know what you mean by workaround?
Message 12 of 79 (1,860 Views)

Hero
The post that has been marked as solution on this thread would be a workaround that helped the other person with this issue.

On the save I tested, sending to work manually was still possible.

Would you also be willing to send your save ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 13 of 79 (1,856 Views)

school

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansion and game packs; pet, laundry, toddler, backyard, kids room, kitchen, patio, and luxury stuff packs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Not sure, happened the first time I sent a child to school after installing seasons and my first pet stuff pack
What happens when the bug occurs? My child will not go to school from home. Only time he will go to school is when I make him travel to a park for example. Then he will go to school from there. When I look at the career tab, it has countdown to school, then when the time comes it switches to holiday (although there is no current holiday happening). There is a button to click to go to school, but when he is at home it does nothing. Nothing shows up in the task queue.
What do you expect to see? My child should go to school from home when I push the go to school button inside of school hours.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

My sims game has had one update since downloading seasons. Not sure if it was like that before as this is the first child I have had.

Message 14 of 79 (1,856 Views)

Re: school

Hero

Hi @aunderhill

merged your post with existing thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 15 of 79 (1,832 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Thank you! I do like playing seasons so I don’t want to disable it. I also have to send my sims to work manually. The first day there was an alarm for them to go to work, but nothing after that. The trouble is that I can’t send my child to school manually unless it is from another location. But I think I would rather just do that then disable seasons. Hopefully they can come up with a patch that fixes the issue.

Message 16 of 79 (1,815 Views)

Hero
it's just temporary. You can turn it back on once the bug has resolved itself.

Everything seaons items you placed will vanish though

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 17 of 79 (1,804 Views)

★ Novice

If we uninstall seasons will we lose any of our save? 

Message 18 of 79 (1,784 Views)

Hero

Hi @blairkoczal

you can just disable it and no, you won't loose your saves but you will loose all seasonal content within the save: Any holidays/event you made, any objects/cas objects you placed.

See the workaround post how to disable. 

You can also backup your data: https://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/backups/ to be on the safe side.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 19 of 79 (1,757 Views)

All the Sims in my Library got deleted when I got Seasons

★★ Novice

Hello,

(I am not sure if I chose the right category but I think I did.)

I recently got Sims 4 Seasons but when I did all the Sims in my library got deleted. I am rather sad about this because I made many Sims that I LOVE but just saved it in my library and didn't put it a game. Is there any way to get them back?

Thanks Standard smile

Message 20 of 79 (1,752 Views)