Original Post

Accepted Solution

[NEEDS INPUT/WORKAROUND] [S] Flower bunny won't leave the lot

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I have: All the expansion packs, all the game packs except Jungle Adventure and Spa Day, and I have Vintage Glamour, Cool Kitchen Stuff, Laundry Day and the free holiday pack.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? By selecting the Flower Bunny for a holiday and playing the holiday.
What happens when the bug occurs? The bunny doesn't leave and just stands there like its stuck.
What do you expect to see? I expect the Flower Bunny to leave after the holiday is over.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Flower Bunny won't leave the lot:

So, I made a holiday for Easter and included the Flower Bunny in it. He arrives and we talk to him and all that and everything is fine until the holiday ends and he doesn't leave. He just stands there like he's stuck and I have tried reset object, resetting the game and he's still there. When I try and get my sims to ask him to leave, it says "This sim is already leaving!" and he really isn't. It's getting kinda annoying cause theres a giant rabbit in the backyard and I know he's cute and everything butttt.....

Can anyone help me figure this out? And am I the only one that's having this issue?

I don't know if I'm being crazy or if there is a glitch or something but I'll let you know if I can fix it somehow myself. 

Message 1 of 10 (3,199 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: flower bunny won't leave the lot

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Ok so I'm not sure if this permanently fixed the problem or not but to anyone out there who is having this same issue, this is what I did:

I added the Flower Bunny to a group with one of my sims and told them to walk out to the front yard. The bunny actually moved surprisingly and then the Ask to Leave option came up and I asked him to leave and it worked! Hopefully this works for everyone else who has the same issue too.

View in thread

Message 2 of 10 (3,621 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Ok so I'm not sure if this permanently fixed the problem or not but to anyone out there who is having this same issue, this is what I did:

I added the Flower Bunny to a group with one of my sims and told them to walk out to the front yard. The bunny actually moved surprisingly and then the Ask to Leave option came up and I asked him to leave and it worked! Hopefully this works for everyone else who has the same issue too.

Message 2 of 10 (3,622 Views)

★★★★ Guide
Flower Bunny just stood there after my "Easter" event as well while my sims went to bed. After watching a bit, I got one of my sims to do the "ask to leave" and the bunny did go off the lot in my game. However, every community lot I go in the game, 99% sure the Flower Bunny will be there. I laugh it off but pretty sure the Bunny needs some tweaking behind the scenes so it acts more like the NPC Father Winter.
Message 3 of 10 (3,128 Views)

★ Apprentice

I agree, they should probably fix it haha!. It was funny the first time but it is kinda getting a bit annoying. Hopefully EA does make some slight adjustments to that.

Message 4 of 10 (3,123 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@madmaddy4 wrote:

I don't have Seasons (and I still haven't updated my game yet X-D), but I can't help but wonder if this would help with other instances of NPCs that won't leave (e.g. service)? Wondering

Message 5 of 10 (3,070 Views)

★ Apprentice

Yeah I totally understand what you mean. Are you having a similar problem with a different service? because I could try and help with that if you want.

Message 6 of 10 (3,000 Views)

Hero
There have been lots of reports with that and there's a thread for this here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/WORKAROUND-Service-NPC-do-not-leave/td-p/6477803

The thread has gotten a bit of a mess though so I'm archiving that and ask people to make new threads for each ServiceNPC.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 7 of 10 (2,978 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@madmaddy4: Not lately, but on a couple occasions I did, and my only recourse was to quit without saving.

@crinrict: Yeah, I only asked here because I was curious about the workaround here.

Message 8 of 10 (2,949 Views)

★ Apprentice
Yeah you could probably try to do what I did with the Flower Bunny, but other than that, I'm not too sure. If it doesn't work though, this could be an upcoming issue that might have to be fixed.
Message 9 of 10 (2,921 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Thanks.  It worked.  Standard smile

Message 10 of 10 (2,245 Views)