Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [VGSP] Toddler's butler is a stranger

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? n/a
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I made a new household that has a toddler and a butler.
What happens when the bug occurs? The toddler cannot interact with the butler. He is only a stranger and even though he is tasked with her care he acts like she isn't there.
What do you expect to see? The toddler having friendly interaction options with the butler and the butler checking on the toddler.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

The main issue here is the butler.  He's been living in her house for 2 days and yet they are strangers.  He doesn't seek her out to check on her like they usually do despite being tasked with that.  Also, the neighbor kid came home from school with her brother and despite him talking to her for hours it didn't affect her attention need at all and she had few options to interact with him either.  Last, she gains no attention need from interacting with her cat.  She can only gain the attention need by interacting with her parents that work all day.  

I did have 3 mods in my game but removed them with no change.  I restarted the game, repaired the game, and reset my Sims 4 folder.  None of this has helped.  See pics below.

2017-11-19 13_35_25-The Sims™ 4.png

2017-11-19 11_20_59-The Sims™ 4.png2017-11-19 12_16_51-The Sims™ 4.png2017-11-19 12_27_39-The Sims™ 4.png

Pierce was in her room chatting with her for a few hours and their relationship has about 1/4 green yet he is classified as a stranger.  Her attention need never moved while he chatted with her.

2017-11-19 13_37_20-The Sims™ 4.png

She does have the expected interaction options with her cat whom she is friends with as you can see they don't help her attention need at all.

Message 1 of 12 (1,431 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Toddler's butler is a stranger

Hero

Fixed an issue that prevented Butlers to help put Toddler Sims to Bed.

Fixed in Patch 1.59.73

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 12 of 12 (1,308 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

I'm not sure if this is related but there is a last exception in the original Sims 4 folder from before I reset it.  It's lastException_63646798245.  Here's the code:

Spoiler
<?xml version="1.0" ?><root>
<report><version>2</version><sessionid>40d37591d3c5bee75a11a9ab</sessionid><type>desync</type><sku>ea.maxis.sims4_64.15.pc</sku><createtime>2017-11-19 11:18:08</createtime><buildsignature>Local.Unknown.Unknown.1.36.104.1020-1.200.000.311.Release</buildsignature><categoryid>relationship_track_decay_locker.py:100</categoryid><desyncid>40d37591d3c5bee75a11a9ab</desyncid><systemconfig/><screenshot/><desyncdata>Exception in Sim Timeline: Exception running Element (AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'add_decay_rate_modifier')&#13;&#10;Traceback (most recent call last):&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\scheduling.py", line 212, in simulate&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\elements.py", line 335, in _run&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\interactions\social\social_super_interaction.py", line 1517, in do_pre_run_behavior&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\interactions\social\greeting_socials\greetings.py", line 53, in add_greeted_rel_bit&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\relationships\relationship_tracker.py", line 219, in add_relationship_bit&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\relationships\relationship_service.py", line 598, in add_relationship_bit&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\relationships\relationship_service.py", line 844, in _find_relationship&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\callback_utils.py", line 158, in __call__&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\game_effect_modifier\relationship_track_decay_locker.py", line 100, in _relationship_added_callback&#13;&#10;AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'add_decay_rate_modifier'&#13;&#10;</desyncdata></report>
<report><version>2</version><sessionid>40d37591d3c5bee75a11a9ab</sessionid><type>desync</type><sku>ea.maxis.sims4_64.15.pc</sku><createtime>2017-11-19 12:05:22</createtime><buildsignature>Local.Unknown.Unknown.1.36.104.1020-1.200.000.311.Release</buildsignature><categoryid>relationship_track_decay_locker.py:100</categoryid><desyncid>40d37591d3c5bee75a11a9ab</desyncid><systemconfig/><screenshot/><desyncdata>Exception in Sim Timeline: Exception resuming Element (AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'add_decay_rate_modifier')&#13;&#10;Traceback (most recent call last):&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\scheduling.py", line 217, in simulate&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\elements.py", line 385, in _resume&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\interactions\utils\outcome.py", line 106, in parameterized_autonomy_gen&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\interactions\base\super_interaction.py", line 3074, in _parameterized_autonomy_helper_gen&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\interactions\base\super_interaction.py", line 3195, in _process_parameterized_autonomy_request_gen&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\interactions\aop.py", line 230, in execute_interaction&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\interactions\interaction_queue.py", line 1313, in append&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Lib\contextlib.py", line 55, in __exit__&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\interactions\interaction_queue.py", line 860, in _head_change_watcher&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\interactions\interaction_queue.py", line 944, in _get_head&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\interactions\interaction_queue.py", line 333, in get_next_unblocked_interaction&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\interactions\social\social_super_interaction.py", line 941, in notify_queue_head&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\interactions\social\social_super_interaction.py", line 477, in _get_close_to_target_and_greet&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\interactions\social\social_super_interaction.py", line 414, in _greet_sim&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\interactions\social\greeting_socials\greetings.py", line 53, in add_greeted_rel_bit&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\relationships\relationship_tracker.py", line 219, in add_relationship_bit&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\relationships\relationship_service.py", line 598, in add_relationship_bit&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\relationships\relationship_service.py", line 844, in _find_relationship&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\callback_utils.py", line 158, in __call__&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\game_effect_modifier\relationship_track_decay_locker.py", line 100, in _relationship_added_callback&#13;&#10;AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'add_decay_rate_modifier'&#13;&#10;</desyncdata></report></root>

Message 2 of 12 (1,425 Views)

Hero

I can duplicate this so I've added

Do you know if it ever was different ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 12 (1,391 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I know I've never had this problem before the patch.  Unfortunately, this is a new household as are all of the households I'm currently playing since the new expansion pack was released.  I'm in my test save now so I added a toddler and had her meet someone walking by and it looks like it's the same problem.  The only options are talk to stranger and share the love because she's a charmer.  

Message 4 of 12 (1,387 Views)

Hero

Since I've never played with butlers and toddlers before, I was just curious if it was working before. It's def. not now.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 12 (1,383 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

It's been maybe a year since I've had a butler but it did work with the baby and toddler then.  He cared for them almost obsessively.  Out of curiosity, I had my test sim hire a nanny and the toddler has options to speak with the nanny without even meeting her.

Message 6 of 12 (1,381 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@crinrict  I ended up firing the butler.  I don't have any of the same problems with hired nannies so I have no idea what's going on.  I guess I'll update here if I see any new issues that are related.  I'm starting to think something weird is going on with that family in particular because I played them yesterday and got more last exceptions and I didn't get any in the other 5 households I'm rotating in the same save file.  Also, the mother freaked out after walking in on the toddler using the potty chair and got the "cannot unsee" moodlet.  I have no idea how to fix them and I don't want to lose progress with the toddler since she's part of a challenge.

Message 7 of 12 (1,362 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I'm embarrassed to report that after all this was a mod issue.  I didn't realize it was because it was still happening when I pulled out my mods folder.  I tried taking the family to a different save and they still had no relationship and she couldn't talk to the butler.  I then tried placing them without mods and it worked.  It was MC Command Center and I've notified Deaderpool.  I apologize for wasting your time. Frown

Message 8 of 12 (1,377 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

But it was the same for me and I didn't have any mods in ?

@StormyDayzGamez don't think it's mod related. Leaving this on the list.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 12 (1,322 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Oh really?  Okay.  I will note for anyone who has this issue in the future then that I had no problem with nannies in my test save so if you're not doing a challenge like I am and you can call one that'd be the best bet. 

Message 10 of 12 (1,306 Views)