by alanmichael1

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] [VGSP] Sims use far away vanity table to console themselves

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Deutsch
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.50.77.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Put the vanity table in your Sims' household. Wait until your Sim becomes sad.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims will very often autonomously use the table to console themselves, but they don't go to the table. Instead they stand somewhere in the house and perform the animation. The action symbol in the queue indicates that they are interacting with the table.
What do you expect to see? Sims going to the vanity table when they use it.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

This is pretty much the same bug as the children-make-up issue that occured after the release of VGSP. I noticed this after the recent patches, but I hadn't used the vanity table for a long time, so I'm not sure when this started.

Message 1 of 3 (658 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [VGSP] Sims use far away vanity table to console themselves

Hero
Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 3 (582 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [VGSP] Sims use far away vanity table to console themselves

★★★★ Guide
I noticed this as well in my game. Like alanmichael1, I haven't used the object much so I'm not sure where/when it started. It's kind of a funny glitch, for the vanity is currently on the 2nd floor of a penthouse and they "interact (give pep talks)" from the ground floor. If I direct the sim to the table, it is used properly.
Message 3 of 3 (575 Views)