[NEEDS SAVES] [VGSP] Butler will not complete assigned task (Patch 1.63.134)

by EverLastling

Original Post

[NEEDS SAVES] [VGSP] Butler will not complete assigned task (Patch 1.63.134)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.134.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? University, Island Living, Seasons, Cats and Dogs, City Living, Get to Work, Realm of Magic, Strangerville, Jungle Adventure, Vampires, Dine Out, Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat, Tiny Living, Pets, Laundry Day, Vintage Glamour, Movie Hangout, Cool Kitchen, Perfect Patio
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? assign task to butler
What happens when the bug occurs? Butler never performs assigned task. Notification says butler is busy even when clearly in idle pose.
What do you expect to see? I expect Butler to perform assigned task.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I have hired and fired 3 different butlers and none of them have ever successfully completed an assigned task. Sometimes when I assign cooking my simoleons are taken but the task is still not performed and the notification that the butler cannot complete the task is given. I have tried this for every possible task. The butler is clearly in idle pose when the task is assigned.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title

Message 1 of 20 (3,066 Views)

Won't Garden Again

★ Guide

Platform:Sony Playstation 4
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.28
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Easier to say I do not have Eco nor Vampires
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Not sure.
What happens when the bug occurs? Assign Start Gardening and it will not.
What do you expect to see? For the assigned task to happen and the command prompt to change to Stop Gardening
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Awhile ago I had the Butler stop gardening since my garden was small and I had a gardener as well as working on the skill. Now that everyone has maxed gardening and the garden is large, I have been trying to Start Gardening with the Butler and it will not do it.

Message 2 of 20 (3,099 Views)

Re: Won't Garden Again

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@Nozladi I can duplicate this on my game. Dismissing the butler had no effect. I did not try to fire the butler for a new one. Once you tell the butler to stop gardening, they will not pick the task back up.

Edit: I tested the gardener and had no issues. The gardener came and tended the garden as expected. 

Message 3 of 20 (3,061 Views)

Hero
@Nozladi Is it just the butler or do you also have issues with the gardener ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 20 (3,030 Views)

★ Guide

I never really thought it was a problem, but since you asked I immediately wonder if the minor annoyances are actually issues. 

The gardener didn't show up a few days and I didnt notice right away until I saw the plants were in pretty bad shape. My plantain tree actually died. When he did show up, he wouldn't always finish the job. He did fine for many hours of play time, but suddenly he stopped (I'm pretty sure all of this was connected to Tuesday night and yesterday's play time... and I do, admittedly, play A LOT). 

I canceled services and restarted services to see if that helps. Hard to say because I had "mysterious" weather, so he didn't stay. 

I thought about firing the Butler to get a new one, but I finally have this one trained. It goes so smoothly inside the house and with my dog. I got kinda sad (lol) about the idea of letting him go. 

Message 5 of 20 (3,003 Views)

Hero
@Nozladi I'm going to merge this with the butler not doing assigned tasks

ServiceNPCs not showing up at all or not doing what they needed is something that's happening on and off.

If the issue persists with the gardner, let me know.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 20 (2,993 Views)

★ Guide

So, I traveled for "Night on the town" and came back to all responsibilities reset. It had never done that before; but alas here we are. 

Side note, Butler collapsed and died in the kitchen for no apparent reason. I suppose if it hadn't fixed itself, I would have had a new butler anyway. 😂

Message 7 of 20 (2,949 Views)

Butler

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Platform:Steam-PC
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.72.28.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Laundry Day Stuff, Vampires, Realm of Magic, Luxury Party Stuff, Spooky Stuff, Vintage Glamour Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Hire a butler and wait
What happens when the bug occurs? The butlers refuse to work correctly.
What do you expect to see? The butlers doing their jobs!
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Seriously guys... according to these forums, you've been having trouble with butlers for over FOUR YEARS now.

Where do I begin? Let's start with Krystal. I hate her. I despise Krystal. She's old, she doesnt work, she sits around and reads and drinks all day long. She doesnt do any work except to dust my desk... repeatedly. And follow me around wanting to talk. But WORK? Never. And she whines and complains the entire day.

I hired the butlers, and Vanessa arrived. Loved her! Then, suddenly, Krystal replaces her. I fire the butler and hire a new one. Then Nyelli showed up, and at first I loved her! Then, suddenly, Krystal replaces her, too. I fired Krystal again. Now she shows up at my door daily trying to visit and stays on my porch for hours unless I stop what I am doing and make her go away.

Krystal arrived at one of my other households, too. After a day, I fired her. She shows up EVERY DAY to visit. I am scared to hire butlers now, because they all turn in to LAZY KRYSTAL.

Please get rid of Krystal.

AS FOR NYELLI! About a week ago in real life time, Nyelli began REFUSING to wear her butler's uniform. EVER. She also is now refusing to cook for me... at all. I try to order her to do this and the game tells me she cannot complete the required task. There is no reason why she cannot. The game suggested counter space, adequate place to perform task... I have a big kitchen. I'm not sure why the game refuses to let the butler cook for me.

PLEASE fix the butler problem once and for all! You've had years!

Message 8 of 20 (2,789 Views)

Re: Butler

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Shebalba64205 Merged your post with the butler not doing jobs thread. I see you also posted in the other thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 20 (2,770 Views)

Re: Butler

★ Guide

Yeah... I wondered if the lack of much feedback on such an ongoing issue might mean new attention might be required. I see the dates on some of these threads and seriously wonder if it was worth it to buy the pack, as I mostly bought it for the butler. 

Message 10 of 20 (2,765 Views)