by Zod041298

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] [VGS] Vanity Table Freshen Up fails with facepalm animation

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.46.18.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except for: - Toddler Stuff - Backyard Stuff - My First Pet Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? By using Freshen Up on the Vanity Table.
What happens when the bug occurs? Instead of getting the flirty or embarrassed moodlet when using Freshen Up on the vanity table, the sim just facepalms and a thought bubble of their face in a "no" sign appears above their head.
What do you expect to see? I expect the Freshen Up interaction to work like it does with every other mirror in the game.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I don't know if it's a bug or an unexplained mechanic, but every time I get a sim to freshen up on the vanity table, they go through a bit of the animation before doing a facepalm animation and a thought bubble with their face in a "no" sign appears. After that nothing happens. Very rarely will something actually happen, i.e. the flirty or embarrassed moodlet, but the majority of the time, it does nothing. Why does this happen? I don't think it's a mechanic, because I've tested it several times with the same make up, one time it worked fine and she got the flirty moodlet. The second time, she facepalmed, the thought bubble appeared, and nothing happened. I wouldn't even call it random, cause majority of the time it's this nothing outcome.

Message 1 of 5 (1,093 Views)

Re: Vanity Table Freshen Up Bug?

Hero

Hi @Zod041298

I tried this in my own game and got that 1 out of 4 times trying (then my Sim was too bored with refreshing up).

Does this happen every time you try ? Did you apply makeup first or does your Sim already have makeup from CAS ? Can you test this with multiple Sims/Households ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 5 (1,071 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Okay. Yeah. Literally just went in again to test it, and I officially don't understand why Maxis chose this mechanic. It appears to be a case where you need apply the correct make up that matches the outfit the sim is wearing, which in that case, you need to get lucky in picking the right one. I went in just now and put my sim in her party outfit (which consists of a red version of the long top and black version of the dress both included in the Vintage Glamour pack) and then put her in the magenta eyes/red lips make up and freshen up worked. Which is weird, because a little while ago, freshen up worked with the make up I'd chosen in CAS, before failing to work when I tried again. Anyway, then I brought her daughter over and put her in her formal outfit (a dark magenta dress), and gave her the purple eyes/dark red lips make up and it worked. So, I officially don't know if it's a mechanic or just random chance. I mean, would it have killed Maxis to at least explain how the damn item works.

Edited: Ok. Nope. Scratch that. It's random. Went in and did the same thing again, same outfit, same make up selection. With the first sim, it did the facepalm thing, I tried again, and it worked. Then I brought the daughter over, used the same outfit and make up, and it did the facepalm every time until she got bored of freshening up. I don't understand what I'm doing wrong.

Edited 2: Yep. Confirmed. Tested it on another world. It's 100% random. I had a sim with a set of make up and it took 3 tries for the freshen up to work. This has to be a bug.

[Edited by EA_Mai: @Zod041298 merging your 3 posts into a single one, to avoid double posting. Please, use the 'edit' option you can find in the top right corner of your posts, under the ··· menu, to edit your posts if you want to add more information but no one answered you yet. Thanks! You can find here the forum rules]

Message 3 of 5 (1,058 Views)

Hero
I'll try to find out how it's supposed to work.

It does sound weird.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 5 (1,013 Views)

Hero
Added this

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 5 (918 Views)