by Zack4358

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] [V] Wrong Tool Tip Text for failing compel drink

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.59.73.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get To Work, Get Famous, Get Together, Seasons, Cats and Dogs, City Living, Outdoor Retreat, Realm Of Magic, Parenthood and Vampires
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a Vampire and compel another sim for a drink.
What happens when the bug occurs? If the vampire has the "Dayphobia" weakness, his vampire strength fails at compelling for a drink at another sim, but this fail is shown as if the other sim has denied it, despite the vampire strength failed due to his weakness.
What do you expect to see? If drinking from another sim fails, it should be shown as something like "You recently failed to drink from the sim due to your weakness".
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

If a vampire tries to drink from another sim and it fails due to his weakness "Dayphobia", it wrongfully says "The sim has denied drinking from", despite his powers failed and the vampire did not ask for a drink.

Message 1 of 5 (958 Views)

Re: Vampires failing at drinking is recognized as if the other sim has denied it

Hero
@Zack4358 Is this for the text of the moodlet or something else ?

Could you add a picture for clarification ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 5 (989 Views)

Re: Vampires failing at drinking is recognized as if the other sim has denied it

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Here are two pictures.

Message 3 of 5 (982 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Picture 2

Message 4 of 5 (980 Views)

★ Guide

I got some more information on this:

There are two cases of failing to drink from another sim:

One case is that the vampire asks the other sim for permission. If the other sim denies it, it shows the tooltip "The sim has recently resisted being drank from."

The other case is when the vampire compels for a small / deep drink and the vampire itself fails doing that (due to the dayphobia weakness / at daytime). But it shows the same tooltip despite the vampire did not ask for permission.

There is a tooltip missing for the case that the vampire itself fails compelling for a drink.

And I think this issue is related to the marriage thing, because there is a tooltip missing for the case that one sim got another bf / gf, there is only a tooltip for the case that one sim works for another sim.

Message 5 of 5 (642 Views)