[NEEDS INPUT] [V] Weakness 'Eternal Sadness' spamming Parched thirst growls

by Saihyou

Original Post

Re: Vampires acting thirsty when not

★★★ Newbie

No, they do not die of thirst.  They just do the animation.  You're right.  Thank you

Message 11 of 19 (739 Views)

Re: [V] Vampires acting thirsty when not

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

@zephyra1973  You didn't give them the "Eternal Sadness" weakness, did you?  My Sims do that animation as part of Eternal Sadness.

(Honestly, I find it annoying enough that I usually give them a Draught of Reconfiguration and give them different weaknesses.)

Message 12 of 19 (728 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I did give them eternal sadness.  I wondered about that.  It just didn't seem to have anything to do with thirst, but, thank you, for asking.  I have not had that much luck with the reconfiguration.  In the past, it seemed like I could give them new powers and weaknesses, but they still suffered from the previous effects also.  Maybe that has changed.  It's worth a try.

Thanks again

Message 13 of 19 (684 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

This is my Sim doing what I think is the animation you're talking about.  It starts with a thought bubble of vampire fangs, and then she crouches down and hisses.  Then she stands with her hand over her mouth. 

She does have the eternal sadness moodlet...

She's not thirsty.

IOW, yeah, perhaps the Eternal Sadness weakness triggers the wrong animation.  (My Sims also sometimes do the melodramatic sobbing with the Eternal Sadness moodlet, which I also find deeply annoying, especially when they're not actually sad.)

Message 14 of 19 (650 Views)

★★★★ Expert

P.S.  If you're willing to use Mods, MC Command Center can reset their weaknesses if the draught of reconfiguration fails you again.

Message 15 of 19 (600 Views)

★ Guide
@zephyra1973 I tried everything to get around this, and sadly there's only two options. Either getting rid of the Eternal Sadness trait, which is a shame for character traits, or hunting down a Vampire fix mod that fixes numerous issues that have gone forever unaddressed - perhaps Eternally Unaddressed? No draught or cheat seems able to fix that trait...

If I recall, I think the mod is Simvasion Vampire Fixes, it addresses a few things that would otherwise ruin vampires for me on a regular basis. I'd recommend it!
Message 16 of 19 (590 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thank you very much.  I would have assumed that the eternal sadness would have only triggered the weeping.  In my mind, sadness equals crying, not hungry.  That is the animation that I was talking about though, so thank you for your research and your suggestions.

Message 17 of 19 (548 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thank you for your suggestions as well.  I appreciate the response.

Message 18 of 19 (547 Views)

★★★★ Expert

@zephyra1973  Yeah, as the merged thread suggests, it's prompting the wrong animation.  That's a bug, yes.  But it's because Eternal Sadness, alas (pun not intended).

Message 19 of 19 (483 Views)