by StarryMight

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] [V] Weakness 'Eternal Sadness' spamming Parched thirst growls

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.136.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Discover University, Get Famous, Seasons, City Living, Get Together, Realm of Magic, Vampires, Dine Out, Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat, Holiday Celebration Pack
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Give a Grandmaster Vampire the "Eternal Sadness" weakness, and wait until they get the Sad moodlet from it.
What happens when the bug occurs? When the Eternal Sadness weakness causes its Sad moodlet, for the entire duration of the moodlet the Vampire constantly growls and hisses as if they are incredibly thirsty, regardless of their actual Thirst value. It is tied solely to the moodlet.
What do you expect to see? I expect an Eternally Sad Vampire to be, well, sad. Not an angry hissing fit of thirst even when sated.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

So, upon giving my Vampiric sim the Eternal Sadness weakness, I found something that is incredibly annoying to the point of being immersion breaking. The weakness sometimes (seemingly a random chance) causes a hefty Sadness moodlet, to the tune of +3 or +4 strength. Otherwise, they just cry and mope a bit on their own, which is fine. The problem is, when random chance causes this moodlet, the moodlet itself does... odd things.

For the entire duration of the moodlet caused by the weakness, the vampire will endlessly hiss and scream as if they were at the "parched" stage of thirst. I tested this by purposefully neglecting my sim's thirst until the Parched stage, and they started doing the exact same thing: growling, screaming and trying to cover their mouth. This reaction has absolutely nothing to do with sadness - I would assume the sim should be crying, sniffling with a bit of wailing and being dramatic over their Eternal Sadness for the duration of the moodlet along with the normal effects of being sad.

Searching on the internet, I've seen numerous people posting this bug but they seemed to think it was related to the Uncontrollable Hissing weakness. This is easily tested by simply playing Vlad, as others in those threads mentioned, and is not the case - uncontrollable hissing is another animation entirely. This is Parched thirst actions taking place for the duration of the Eternal Sadness moodlet. I've tested this both with and without mods.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title to Fit

Message 1 of 19 (1,594 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [V] Weakness 'Eternal Sadness' spamming Parched thirst growls

★★★★★ Guide

@Saihyou : According to @simvasion , it's because the game uses the thirsty animations for that Weakness instead of actual sadness animations for some reason (that's one of the things his Vampiric Interactions Fixes mod addresses).

Message 2 of 19 (1,534 Views)

★ Guide
@StarryMight That sounds about right. It'd be nice to have an actual fix, as tagging proper animations to an action doesn't sound difficult, but much like the Get Famous "React in Disgust" spam I'll probably have to resort to mods. Thank you for bringing the mod to my attention! I'll look into this immediately, much appreciated.
Message 3 of 19 (1,500 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@Saihyou : You're welcome! ^_^ (Hopefully there will be an official fix someday, too.)
Message 4 of 19 (1,491 Views)

[V] Vampires acting thirsty when not

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.72.28.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Expansion Packs - Snowy Escape, Eco Lifestyle, Discover University, Island Living, Get Famous, Seasons, Cat and Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Get to Work Game Packs: Journey to Batuu, Realm of Magic, Strangerville, Jungle Adventure, Parenthood, Vampires, Dine Out, Spa Day, Outdoor retreat Stuff Packs: Paranormal Nifty Knitting, Tiny Living, Moschino, My First Pet, Laundry Day, Toddler, Fitness, Vintage Glamour, Movie Hangout, Spooky, Perfect Patio, Luxury Party
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? It happens every time I create a new vampire and play with them for an extended period of time, so steps may be to: 1. Create a new vampire 2. Play with it an extended period of time 3. In my last save, it happened when my vampire topped out the vampire hierarchy and is a Grand Master, so may have to get a vampire to Grand Master
What happens when the bug occurs? The vampire performs the really thirsty or dying of thirst animation ( not the animation when they force feed on someone uncontrollably but the animation where they bend down, hiss and seem distressed because they are thirsty). This happens even when they are not thirsty
What do you expect to see? I expect not to see my vampires complaining of thirst when they are not thirsty
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

This has happened with all of my vampires and affects my ability to play them after a certain point.  At that point, I have to play a new save or create new characters or delete my higher level vampires.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 5 of 19 (1,576 Views)

Re: Vampires acting thirsty when not

Hero
@zephyra1973 Did you try a game repair yet ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 19 (1,564 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I apologize.  I do not actually know what a game repair is.  I'm in the process of trying to find out how to do one, but any advice is appreciated.

Thanks

Message 7 of 19 (1,551 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I did some research and figured out how to do a repair.  Thank you for the suggestion.  I will let you know if it works.

Thanks for your assistance

Message 8 of 19 (1,549 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This seems to decrease the frequency she does it, but my vampire still acts thirsty when she isn't.  Right now, just trying to ignore it.  Thanks

Message 9 of 19 (1,525 Views)

Hero
@zephyra1973 It's just the animations right ? They don't actually die of thirst ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 10 of 19 (1,513 Views)