[Vampires] Teleport as mist sometimes wont work

by Zasz_Zerg

Original Post

Re: Vampires Teleport Bugs

★★ Apprentice

The updating from yesterday didn't fix these two bugs. It is really DISAPPOINTING.

Message 10 of 18 (1,299 Views)

Re: Vampires Teleport Bugs

Community Manager (retired)

We've reproduced this as well and are definitely tracking it, thank you for your reports Standard smile

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 11 of 18 (1,048 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [V] Vampires don't always us 'move as ...'

Hero

Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 12 of 18 (1,022 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [V] Vampires don't always us 'move as ...'

Hero
Merged with old thread and added back

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 14 of 18 (897 Views)

[Vampires] Teleport as mist sometimes wont work

★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.46.18.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats & Dogs, City living, Get together, Get to work Parenthood, Vampires, Dine out, Spa day, Outdoor retreat Bowling night stuff, Vintage glamour stuff, Spooky stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Lock a vampire in a room and try to use teleport as mist to get outside the building.
What happens when the bug occurs? A vampire sim cant use teleport as mist manually from the first floor to get outside the house right outside the room. Instead the sim waves his arm like he cant access that particular location or the path is obstructed somehow.
What do you expect to see? Vampires are supposed to use teleport as mist without any limitations, through walls and regardless of the distance. Until yesterday for me.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I noticed recently that when I start my game I have to set up all the locks again. The problem with teleporting out happens in rooms the sims should not get into yet somehow they end up in there even when the locks are still in place but just not working. I never see how they get into the rooms. I just catch them in them when they are stuck in those rooms and cant get out. Then the door is still locked so I use teleport to get them out but it only works with short distances now.

Message 15 of 18 (874 Views)

Re: [Vampires] Teleport as mist sometimes wont work

Hero

Hi @Zasz_Zerg

merged your post with existing thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 16 of 18 (853 Views)

★ Novice

I have this same issue and it is EXTREMELY frustrating as it removes almost all the fun of having teleporting as a vampire, and the locks always resetting is a pain in the butt! I really hope there's a patch that fixes this, as all my homebrew attempts to work around the issue fail miserably. (And the best rooms in my vampire house are inaccessible now since apparently my vampires forgot how to freaking teleport anywhere without a normal pathway. Where's the fun if any ol' Joe can wander into your top-secret tower crypt?)

Message 17 of 18 (803 Views)

★ Guide

I'm having the same issue as stated above, regarding Mist Form teleportation. When I direct my vampires to teleport to an attic space, the animation/route failure animation plays, and even with a hole in the walls, flooring, etc, they cannot get there as bats, either.

Message 18 of 18 (684 Views)