by PoptartJuniper

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] [V] Vampires can be Aged by Another Household using Cake

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.19.60.3400
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get Famous, Seasons, Cats and Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Go to Work, Strangerville, JA, Parenthood, Vampires, Dine Out, Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat, Laundry Day, Toddler Stuff, Vintage Glamour, Kids Stuff, Spooky Day, Cool Kitchen, Holiday, Grimm's Guitar
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a vampire aged to Young Adult. Make a cake, have them place candles on it, and try to age them up. Bring another household to the vampire residence, or invite the vampire to the other household and age them up with a cake.
What happens when the bug occurs? Vampires YA and above can not age using a birthday cake but another household can age the vampires using a cake.
What do you expect to see? If a vampire can't age themselves using a cake, no other household should be able to age them.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I tried to age up some of my vampires and was unable to do so using a birthday cake. I have a household of vampires and none of them could interact with the cake aside from adding candles. 

I was able to bring a human from another household to the vampire sims lot and age them up with a different household, which seems awkward. I shouldn't have to bring a different household over to a vampire household to age them, they should be able to do it themselves, but since they can't age themselves, it shouldn't be possible to age them with another household.The Sims™ 4_20191126111314.jpg

Message 15 of 15 (5,801 Views)

[OPEN] [V] Vampires can't age by their own household using cake

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

We know vampires are immortal in their lifespan and the unique way for aging them up is blowing candles on a cake.
But if we have a familie containing vampires that is not posible and I made a lot of tests on this.

PS: I'm not using CC or Mods. Game is repaired.

1 - First I baked a cake in a family full of vampires and tried to blow some candles.

1.png

As you can see the option for age them is missing.

2 - I played with a different family full of vampires too and visited the same house to try age them up. For my surprise it was possible. 

2.png

3.jpg

As you can see in the image I could age the other family but not my own household. Was necesary to visit them for doing this and the inverse for the same.

So I made a new test.

1 - So I was thinking if the bug is happening just with vampires and taking this conclusion I tried to put humans to age them.
I did the same process as before.

4.png

5.png

6.jpg

So humans can age vampires by visiting just like the vampires did before BUT  in this case they can age themselves! If I put humans to live with them?

7.png

8.png

So If humans are living with vampires they can't blow candles and not even age up others.
This happened with my two existing saves games and the result was the same.

And then I created a new save game hoping the problem is gone...

9.png

10.png

Now the difference is that my human Sims can blow candles but vampires still not.

I think the game messed up with the existing save games and recognize a entire family with a unique vampire as all immortals and somehow exclude the option for aging them for that household by using cake. Because of this human visitors can age vampires and themselves but vampire visitors can't age themselves but are able to age the another family full of vampires.

Whats is the solution for this? 

Any help by the way? Disappointed

Message 1 of 15 (15,800 Views)

Re: Vampires can't age by their own holsehold using cake.

Hero

Since the cake are so thoroughly messed up right now, I'm tempted to merge with this thread: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/WORKAROUND-Several-issues-with-birthday-wedding-cake...

I'll do some self-test first though

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 15 (15,771 Views)

Re: Vampires can't age by their own holsehold using cake

Hero

Added as separate issue for now

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 15 (15,731 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Vampires can't age by their own household using cake

★★★ Guide

I was able to age two vampire toddlers with the cake just fine within their own household. I just checked the two children and they also have the option to blow out candles. Maybe it's because they aren't fully vampires yet? I will try to remember to take note if they get the option to blow out candles once they become teenagers. 

Message 4 of 15 (15,703 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Toddlers and children aren't a totally vampire yet do because of that they can blow candles!

They become a truly vampire after teenagers and after that age I can find these problems with cake! :/ 

Message 5 of 15 (15,697 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

All of this sounds as designed to me. When visiting an NPC household with a birthday cake, Age Up Sims is not supposed to populate with household Sims in the picker, it is only for NPCs, as household Sims can age up by using Blow Out Candles. 

In a household with humans and vampires I was able to age up humans by directing them to blow out the candles, and when inviting a human NPC over to a vampire household I was able to age them up using the Age Up Sim option.

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 6 of 15 (15,584 Views)

★★★★ Guide

But I can't understand why vampires can't blow candles or age up their own houlsehold even with humans living inside the house...

Is that a problem at all?

I'm a little confused about this! Devil

Message 7 of 15 (15,571 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Probably by design. Vampires are immortal and generally don't age they stay the age they where when they became Vampires with the exception of teenage Vampires that can age to YA. This is likely to avoid a lot of teenagers in the game as it would give problems. Can't move out of the house or get married and would have to stay in school for all eternity.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 8 of 15 (15,561 Views)

★★★★ Guide

The same with kids and toddlers. I played with my household for 20 days in normal lifespan and my toddlers didn't age up for children like  the humans so was necesary to bake a cake and blow it. With this we now know the unique way to age up vampires should be by blowing candles and that is not the problem at all. But why vampires can't blow candles in their own holsehold...?

If I'd like to play with a elder vampire? I need to create a new one instead of age my own Sim until that age?

It's not right.

Message 9 of 15 (15,549 Views)