by TheWitchySimmer

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] [V] Vampire run thru walls

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.61.15.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? vampiric run as a vampire
What happens when the bug occurs? anytime
What do you expect to see? vampires run thru walls
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Message 1 of 11 (1,140 Views)

Re: Vampire run thru walls

[ Edited ]
Hero

Hi @TheWitchySimmer 

Could you please enter your game version ?

Here's instructions: https://sims4.crinrict.com/eng/2018/07/how-to-find-your-game-version-number/
and here's reason why: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/PLEASE-READ-Break-Aug-19th-Aug-25th/m-p/7228122#M101403 

EDIT

Made a new post here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-does-this-forum-work/m-p/8775353#M124496

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 11 (1,105 Views)

★ Apprentice

i have no idea how and that doesnt explain it. i just know i own all games and anytime i use my vampiric run they always go thru walls and glitch out. still wondering when a fix will be coming bc im getting annoyed that they are basically unplayable. 

Message 3 of 11 (1,072 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@TheWitchySimmer Just need to know what game version you are on to make sure it's current.

You put:
What is your current game version number? not sure

The links above explain how you can find out what game version you have.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 11 (1,058 Views)

★ Apprentice

why wouldnt it be current... most people know to check for update regularly....unless last night there was an update i think i am.

Message 5 of 11 (1,018 Views)

Community Manager

Hi @TheWitchySimmer,

The version number is information that we need to be able to eliminate possible causes which is why we ask for that information in the bug report template. Could you edit your first post to include the version number as soon as you can please? You can find the version number on The Sims 4 main menu. It will be at the bottom of your screen. I've popped an image with a directional arrow to help give a visual under the spoiler tag - just click on it to expand. Standard smile

Spoiler
Verision number..jpg

Thanks,

EA_Lanna

Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 6 of 11 (1,000 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

it was changed. as note its better for people to actually explain where to find it and not make someone feel like they are getting teamed up on just to post about a glitch.  for me to say the information the first person gave wouldnt work to help me find out how, then they post why its needed like im dumb doesnt help people so thanks lanna for showing how to do it. thats all i needed to add the number

Message 7 of 11 (974 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@TheWitchySimmer I feel I need to explain something here. I understood your comment about not known how related to your issue and not on how to get the game version.

The first link I provided has three different methods on how you can get it and while the picture on the first method was a bit outdated (I've updated it now), the principle stayed the same. So, I thought that would explain enough how to get the number but maybe you only clicked on the second link.

The second link seems to have lead somewhere else than I intended it too so sorry for that. This is what I intended to link: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/PLEASE-READ-Information-Questions-about-the-bug-forum/m-p/7228...

To me it sounded like you refused to look it up cause you didn't think it was necessary information which is why I thought an official response from a CM would help. It has nothing to do with ganging up.

I've written a little guide here on AHQ now as I understand if people don't want to go to an external site. It's basically the same as on my site though.

The link is here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-does-this-forum-work/m-p/8775353#M124496

That said, to not further derail the thread. I've forwarded this to QA but they don't give ETAs on fixes.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 11 (922 Views)

★ Apprentice

then why wasnt it just shown in a picture from the get go instead of carrying it on when it didnt need to be. the only info i had was that it was up to date since i didnt know where to find the current game number. i said it but instead it was repeated why it was needed. i already knew why and i said why i still didnt know, i dont know why its done complicated when all that was needed was a picture legit circling where to find it. it makes no sense.

Message 9 of 11 (892 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@TheWitchySimmer There's a picture in the first link I gave you: https://sims4.crinrict.com/eng/2018/07/how-to-find-your-game-version-number/

As there are several ways to get the version number, I linked instead of posting the whole thing in here again.

Last time I will answer about this as I don't want to derail the thread further. Please contact me via PM if you want to discuss this further.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 11 (873 Views)