by Kathykins

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] [V] Vampire constantly want to drink Plasma Packs

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.51.77.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a vampire go out to eat at a restaurant.
What happens when the bug occurs? The vampire will constantly (every 15-30 minutes in game time) want to drink a Plasma Pack, even though their thirst is full, or almost full. The action will pop in to their queue no matter what they are doing. If they are sitting at the table chatting, they will get up from their seat to drink.
What do you expect to see? I expect them to not be obsessive about drinking Plasma Packs when they don't need to.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I have searched and searched to see if someone else has this issue, but could only find one from January 2018, in the PS4 section. If I have missed something, I'm sorry, I might not have looked hard enough!

I play a lot of vampires. Some times they get invited out to a restaurant to grab a bite (literally). I know they don't need the food, but its nice to get out of the house once in a while, and spend time with friends/family. None of my vamps have Withered Stomack so the food won't hurt them...and in Caleb's case, its a real treat!

Anyway, the vampires will constantly get the "Drink" (Plasma Packs) in their action queue, every 15-30'ish minutes in game. They will interrupt whatever they are doing to stand up to drink. I always keep their thirst filled, about 70-90% full, especially before heading out somewhere. They really don't need to drink at all, but constantly want to pull out a Pack. And I constantly have to click the action away. I'm not sure if this will happen in other places than restaurants, my sims are rarely out on the town with friends.

I haven't played in a while, so I don't know when this started happening. I just can't remember it was this bad the last time I played, I believe it was November last year.

Has anyone else experienced this issue?

Message 1 of 23 (3,069 Views)

Re: Vampire constantly want to drink Plasma Packs

Hero

HI @Kathykins 

what kind of mods/cc were you using and how did you remove them ? Disable through the game ? Remove the mods folder and delete localthumbcachefile ?

What happens if you upload them to the gallery and place them in a fresh vanilla save that never saw any mods and test them there (this is just for testing). Does the same happen ?

If so, could you tell me their names so I can try them in my game ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 23 (3,019 Views)

★★★ Guide

@crinrict

Mods I use are MCCC, UIcheats, Show Sim Info and a small mod to stop autonomous shoveling of snow. I don't have much CC, but I do have default skin replacement and body hair.

I have been doing some testing. The sim in question was asked out by another friend (to celebrate promotion), to a different Maxis restaurant.

The first one was downloaded from the gallery. Its called Red Meat, and is a place with a modern vampire theme, and the Vampire Nexus trait. It occurred to me that might be the problem. None of my other public lots have this trait. Also, I placed it in Forgotten Hollow.

In a vanilla save, I placed the restaurant in Newcrest instead, thinking maybe it is the location in Forgotten Hollow that was the problem. Everything went as it should until he got his meal delivered. He promptly stood up and grabbed a Plasma Pack, so fast I couldn't cancel it. His thirst is still practically full. So I don't know what to make of anything. It happens with or without mods, in different worlds, and lot trait doesn't seem to matter.

I have uploaded him to the gallery. His name is Myron Rasmodius, the wizard in a Stardew Valley save I made. My name there is the same as here.

Message 3 of 23 (3,000 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

So this only happens after the restaurant visit ? Only those two or any restaurant ?

Can you link me the restaurants (search in the online gallery)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 23 (2,987 Views)

★★★ Guide

I hope I got the link right, I never use the browser-Gallery, only the one in game:

https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/775B1216E6B111E681BAD1CF14F2BAD7

It happened during my first visit to this restaurant, after I placed it. And as far as I can remember, this is the first time I've had this issue. So yes, only this one restaurant. It is really weird.

This is the first player made restaurant I've had in my game, I've always just placed the Maxis ones from my library. I've not had any problems with the Maxis ones. I'm not sure its the restaurant itself, either. Might be a combination of lot trait and it being placed in Forgotten Hollow, because when I visited the same place in Newcrest, and changing lot trait (when testing), I didn't have any problems. My vamp only grabbed ONE pack, and that was it. He still didn't NEED to drink, though

Message 5 of 23 (2,972 Views)

Hero
OK. Will need to postpone testing to Monday.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 23 (2,962 Views)

★★★ Guide
No problem at all. Have a good weekend Standard smile
Message 7 of 23 (2,945 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Did some testing on my save

Placed the restaurant in Forgotten Hallow and placed your Sim into my Vampire household.

Had them both fill up on Plasma packs and went to the restaurant. They ordered and first thing they did after was getting out a pack and drink it .. but after that it seemed fine.

They ate their meal without wanting to drinking again.

Going to tag this as needs info to see if anyone sees plasma pack obsession like that in their game and maybe know why.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 23 (2,884 Views)

★★★ Guide

Thank you, @crinrict Standard smile

I've only seen a sim that obsessed once, usually they will want to drink once or maybe twice. But not every 20 sim-minutes like that first time I visited the restaurant. In my current save I haven't placed any restaurants, and I'm not yet playing a vampire, so haven't seen the issue.

Message 9 of 23 (2,839 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INFO] [V] Vampire constantly want to drink Plasma Packs

Hero
Added. If anyone has more information or any insight on when this happen, please post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 23 (2,781 Views)