Re: Continuously drinking plasma packs while the thirst bar is fully filled

by aodoherty

Original Post

Re: [NEEDS INFO] [V] Vampire constantly want to drink Plasma Packs

★★★ Guide

So I have been playing a couple more vampires. I have 2 vampire friends (Johnny Zest and Izzy Fabulous) living together, they are also celebrities, 2 and 3 stars if that matters. Izzy has the Party Animal aspiration, so he has to throw parties. I have him as host, and Johnny as a guest, along with 3 other sims. Johnny is now constantly pulling out his plasma packs. I had to put them in the fridge, because I couldn't cancel the action quick enough. He would have used them all, probably.

It got me thinking it had something to do with the goals of the party, which among other things, is to eat and drink. Which in turn is the same as they do at restaurants. Vampires don't need ordinary food, so they pull out the packs, even though their thirst isn't low enough to actually NEED to drink. He did not touch the small stack of Plasma Fruit in his inventory.

Just an observation, I'm still not sure what causes it, or if every vampire in my many saves will behave the same way. I rarely visit restaurants, and I've thrown maybe 3 parties the 2 years I've played.

Message 11 of 23 (1,012 Views)

Hero
@Kathykins Did you install today's patch ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 12 of 23 (1,004 Views)

★★★ Guide

Not yet, I'm away from home a couple of days. I can't get on my game until the weekend Standard smile

Message 13 of 23 (990 Views)

Continuously drinking plasma packs while the thirst bar is fully filled

★★ Pro

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.136.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Have all packs except for Island living, Eco and a couple of stuff packs.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? It randomly happens. I have 2 vamp sims and only one of them keeps drinking the plasma packs while painting. Sometimes, I see my other vampires who I'm not playing them, they keep drinking plasma packs too but now always.
What happens when the bug occurs? I see they drink the plasma packs, after that paint for a few mins in sim time, then take another one, after finished the 2nd one, then paint, then take another one..
What do you expect to see? I want to see they drink the plasma packs when their thirst bar is olive color.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

10.jpg

I know the cc is used in this screenshot but I don't use mods in this game, only a few ccs. It has been about a week since she turned into vampire from her boyfriend. Her boyfriend doesn't waste the plasma packs but she does. It doesn't happen to all vampire and it makes me very confused.  Even not sure it's a bug or this type of plasma packs are supposed to be used very often.

The reason I started to buy the plasma packs because they never take the ones from fish and frogs while the thirst bar is very low. But now it's just wasting the packs. Sometimes, I see my other vampires suddenly tun into wild and quickly quickly cover their mouth with hands, then I activate them, their thirst bar is red and 20 packs of plasma packs from frogs and fishes in their inventory.  But now about the ones from computer, they're just wasting the packs.

Message 14 of 23 (933 Views)

Hero
@aodoherty SOunds a bit like this one: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INFO-A-V-Vampire-constantly-want-to-drink-Plasma-Packs/t... ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 15 of 23 (920 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

@crinrictTo me, it happens everyday life like mostly at home but yes exactly same issue.Standard smile

Message 16 of 23 (902 Views)

Hero
@aodoherty Merging then :D

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 17 of 23 (888 Views)

★★ Pro
@crinrict Thanks! :D
Message 18 of 23 (852 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

This appears to still be happening to vampires in NPC mode. One of my sims Ana and her spellcaster celebrity boyfriend Daud had what looked like a date at the restaurant my current sim is running, and Ana kept getting up every few seconds to drink a plasma pack. She also wouldn't eat her garden salad, unlike other vampire guests who come in occasionally (they all have the weak stomach trait), and those ones happily eat and barf and eat and barf ad nauseum... pun intended. Anyways, while Ana's salad sat on the table, it screwed up the restaurant AI and no further food would be presented to the couple until I had my sim clean up the salad. That table never fully fixed itself by the time I gave up and shut down the restaurant at around 5am (15 hour shift anyone?) because the couple's date appeared to be stuck doing not much but conversing while the girl guzzled plasma packs. What's weird is I play a lot of vampires, including my SuperSim Tirsden, and I'm pretty sure I've never seen any of them autonomously drink a plasma pack whether in active play or NPC mode.

TL;DR: Restaurants do indeed seem to make some vampires chug plasma packs and today is the first time I noticed it.

Message 19 of 23 (756 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [V] Vampire constantly want to drink Plasma Packs

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

I'm having a similar problem, but I don't have restaurants/dine out. My adult vampires are constantly clearing their queue and ending conversations/actions/etc to get up and drink plasma packs from their inventory, even when their thirst bar is basically full. They do this both on their home lot, public parks, and the willow creek gym (tho I'm not sure if they'll do this on other lots, because parks+the gym are the only ones they ever visit consistently). I've only noticed the excessive drinking in one save file (I only have two saves I regularly play). I do have some mods installed, mccc, wonderful whims, etc, and two of my mods are vampire specific, a mod to slow thirst decay and one that adds a feature to make plasma packs from plasma fruit.

Gonna leave this comment here so I can come back to this post if I get a chance to playtest without the mods Standard smileFingers crossed

Message 20 of 23 (649 Views)