by crinrict

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] [V] Vampire Books keep duplicating

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All, except for Seasons. No CC or mods whatsoever.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? When a Sim (human or vampire does not appear to make a difference) take a vampire encyclopedia book from a bookshelf, a copy of the book remains in the bookshelf, causing the sims to gain an extra copy of the book each time they pull it out of the bookshelf. It does not appear to happen with any other book (fiction and skill books) that I've tried. Haven't tested with kid books. It does not appear to make a difference which bookshelf they use - my sims have multiple bookshelves from both base and DLC, and it happens with all of them as far as I can tell from their inventory. Playing on LONG lifespan.
What happens when the bug occurs? The total number of these books in the household keeps increasing each time someone takes one from a bookshelf. The extra books can be sold just like any other book for profit.
What do you expect to see? I expect the books to not copy themselves this way. Fairly certain it's not supposed to happen.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Origin auto-patching to 1.44.77.1020 on 19 June 2018. I've used cheats to alter my sims' appearance and to give them nearly all the satisfaction rewards, but I've not used any cheats related to the books or the bookshelves.

As far as I can tell, when Sims remove the vampire books from the bookshelves they correctly receive the physical version of the book, but the logical version remains in the bookshelf's active inventory (that is, the bookshelf's count of these books isn't decremented). When the book then is returned to the bookshelf it is added to the bookshelf's inventory, causing the count to increment. I only bought one copy of each of these volumes for my family, but now there's 2-3 in each bookshelf, plus a few in use or being carried around by my sims.

I've had them read other books from these same bookshelves, but these appear to behave normally as the count for these doesn't increase - that I can tell from the inventory at least.

At first I thought it was a bug from moving the bookshelves in build mode, but after some more playing with it, it is definitely occurring in live mode.

This is a family consisting of 4 orphan teenage vampire girls - created as normal teen sims without parents, and then bitten in turn by a neighbour and turned into vampires (the "natural" way, no cheating). The lot is the bottom rightmost lot in Oasis Springs. The girls do have to travel a lot to find vic...uhm, food (especially because there's 4 of them) and all that loading and saving does seem to severely affect the performance after a few hours. I haven't checked if it occurs in other families, because I've spent a lot of time trying to figure out where all these extra books are coming from in this one family, since none of these girls are kleptos.

Message 1 of 3 (560 Views)

Re: Vampire Books keep duplicating after 1.44.77.1020

★★★ Guide

Of course after I writing this I can't make it happen again... haven't changed anything. Just had the game paused while writing. I truly don't get it.

Message 2 of 3 (534 Views)

Re: Vampire Books keep duplicating after 1.44.77.1020

Hero
Tagging this as needs input for now to see if others have this issue

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 3 (502 Views)