[OPEN] [V] 'Slay/Cure Vampire' not working!

by MARINA_XCX2

Original Post

Re: [TO ADD] [V] Dark Meditation causes routing failure

Hero
@SpoopyAlice Moved your post over to that thread. Could you provide your save to QA as asked above.

Please be aware that Icarus no longer works on the QA team so please send the save to either @SimGuruNick @SimQARobo or myself.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 31 of 35 (659 Views)

Hero
Is anyone still seeing this issue ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 32 of 35 (609 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Hi crinrict,

I just had my Sim try to cure two different vampires for a challenge. She made the drink and it was in her inventory. She became best friends with the vampire and used "offer to cure vampirism" in the friendly menu. Both vampires accepted the drink, but then just set it down without drinking. I tried both standing and sitting with the same result. My Sim gets the Cured Vampire moodlet, but the other Sims are still vampires.

EDIT: The problem seems to be vampires who always move using bat form. I was able to successfully cure Caleb Vatore.

Message 33 of 35 (504 Views)

Hero
@reggikko Interesting info. Thank you

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 34 of 35 (489 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

To add a bit more, my Sim tried the "make drinks for everyone" option on the bar. All of the vampires, including those who travel as bats, went and grabbed a drink and were cured. The vampires were in a group with my playable Sim. I tried it again with two other vampires in a club gathering with "Drink bar drinks" as a club activity and it worked that way, as well. I haven't tried directing a controlled vampire to drink, nor have I used the "Slay vampire" interaction. 

When my Sim tries to cure under the friendly menu, the vampire changes into a bat and moves several times before they take the drink (my Sim has to offer to cure 3-4 times before they stop flying around and take it). Then, as I said, they put it down without drinking. 

I am playing this file without mods. I did just purchase the Batuu pack, but curing vampires isn't something I do very often, so I have no idea if this is a new problem or not.

Message 35 of 35 (465 Views)