Re: Vampire Cure No Longer Working

by Dakota_Killjoy

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I've had this issue a few times, all with the same sim. 

I have been trying to cure his vampirism via the drink made at the bar. I've tried at his residence, standing and sitting (as per a hint back in this thread), and at his commercial property. All up I have tried 4 times. Twice he's received the moodlet "Vampire No More!", and I've had the notification in the side bar " -- has left the undead life behind and is no longer a Vampire!" three times. He still remains a vampire but his Vampire Powers get reset.

Message 21 of 35 (1,444 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I played Vampire I noticed this as well.  The vampire is not cured

Message 22 of 35 (1,425 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

This happened to me as well, I cured my vampire and by all rights she turned back into a human (all vampire related needs disappeared). However, whenever she tries to eat normal food she gets nauseous immediately after taking a bite (I had picked the nausea from human food weakness so I think that's why). My google link to my save file is below. I've put a lot of effort into this save file so I'd hate to have to start over because my sim can't eat anymore 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/10OJYkGAl_Mo9oaEkzie1dLsrpwi3XyQ1/view?usp=sharing

Message 23 of 35 (1,367 Views)

Hero

@silver_doe94

yours sounds more like this though: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/TO-TEST-V-Former-vampire-still-dislikes-normal-food/td-p/71689...

With this issue, they stay a vampire.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 24 of 35 (1,354 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Interestingly I let my sim drink the cure after it spoiled. No more vampirism now, for some reason. Not sure if this will help anyone as I've only tried it the once on a 'well it can't hurt anymore than it already does' basis.

Message 25 of 35 (1,333 Views)

Hero
Interesting.

Did you test it without spoiling after yesterday's patch too ? Maybe there was some ninja fix in there ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 26 of 35 (1,319 Views)

★★★★ Novice

This happened before the patch. Sorry I couldn't update you all sooner on this.

Message 27 of 35 (1,284 Views)

★ Novice

I have all the vampire related issues reported. Cannot level past grandmaster. Cure potion does not work. But can confirm that what Dakota reports: drinking the cure potion after it has spoiled does work. 

Message 28 of 35 (1,250 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA Staff

Hello everyone!

We are still not able to reproduce this at our end. We have other vampire related issues already tracked, but this one is avoiding us. 

If you are not able to cure/slay, can you send us your save file?

That would help us big time!

You can find how to send your save files here.

Thank you very much!

Message 29 of 35 (1,174 Views)

Re: [TO ADD] [V] Dark Meditation causes routing failure

★★ Novice

Theres an option to "slay vampire" under the mean interactions if you've had enough mean interactions with a vampire. I had the vampire cure drink in my inventory but for some odd reason it wouldnt allow me to slay a vampire, with a question mark waving over my sims head. I tried it 4 different times in different circumstances. FINALLY its working, but the dark meditation isnt working, nor is influence emotions.

if you select slay vampire, youll turn them into a human. They dont die. I was disappointed XD

Message 30 of 35 (1,072 Views)