Re: Vampire Cure No Longer Working

by crinrict

Original Post

★★★★ Guide
On the very opposite end of this issue, I just slain my first vampire just yesterday and found no issues with this feature. Had to make them dislike each other before I got the Slay Vampire option, but after I did what was done, the cure was applied, disappeared from my inventory, and vampire was now mortal.
Message 11 of 35 (3,944 Views)

vampire sims wont turn back to human

★★★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.46.18.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? seasons, vampires, dine out, spa day, kids room, romantic garden, perfect patio
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? have vampire sim drink the ultimate vampire cure
What happens when the bug occurs? Vampire Sims do not revert back to normal sims after drinking The Ultimate Vampire Cure.
What do you expect to see? Vampire sim reverts back to human.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Help, my vampire sims won't change back to normal after drinking the ultimate vampire cure. sim makes the drink, ingests it, and the pop up says sim has been cured but the sim does not become human. still has vampire wants/needs and drinks plasma. 

Message 12 of 35 (3,914 Views)

Re: vampire sims wont turn back to human

Hero

Hi @jtlvstay3

merged your post with existing thread on the issue.

Please feel free to click the me too button on the first post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 13 of 35 (3,891 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

this is the worst bug i've had. it's annoying as all get out. 

Message 14 of 35 (3,868 Views)
Highlighted

Hero
Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 15 of 35 (3,832 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
Just today I tried to cure a vampire with vampire slay; the animation went I dumped he mush in her face and it just didn't change her. I have MCCC I got an LE. I used the MCCC humanize sim option just to have the progression of my story. I hope this is fixed soon.
Message 16 of 35 (3,807 Views)

★★ Guide

I have the same issue with the cure/slay: the vampires were enemies, all was ok as it was before, even the animation is ok but the vampire is still a vampire after all Tongue out I use this a lot before. Do not know when the issue start as I stop playing sims for a few months. I have all EP, GP and almost all SP (except Laundry and First Pet). I hope this can be fixed soon Wink

Message 17 of 35 (3,750 Views)

★★★★ Pro

I just tested this with my teen vampire in a vanilla game and it seems indeed to be hit and miss. The first time the teen resetted during the animation and stayed a vampire. With the second try it worked. The difference was that the second time he was sitting at the bar (not standing) when drinking the potion.

Message 18 of 35 (3,703 Views)

EA Staff

Hello everyone!

We have not been able to reproduce this issue at our end. 

Would any of you be willing to send us your save files?. You can find the instructions here: 

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

Thank you very much!

Message 19 of 35 (3,629 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Hi @SimGuruIcarus I was able to slay the vampire but with another sim and at another lot (residential). I fail to do this at the bars. I just share this save in another topic (I'm having a polygamy issue with a vampire). Also at this same save I trigger again, after months a bug where vampires are being recognized as aliens! (this time my vampire was a skeleton having a good time with alien friends). I will share the file here too. Thanks!

https://drive.google.com/open?id=18vpS_5Kwz7IJKytZhwsBWUqZLtM5ZbNJ

Message 20 of 35 (3,605 Views)