by SailorCeti

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] [V] Related Vampires has options for caregiver after turning

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.45.62.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Vampires, Seasons, Vintage Glamour, Parenthood
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Create a family consisting of a human adult father and a vampire teen female, with the capability of turning. Make sure they are biologically related. Have the father ask to be turned, and have the teen turn him.
What happens when the bug occurs? The teen now has the ability to claim the father as "Caregiver". The father now has the ability to claim the teen as "Dependent". The genetics tree still shows them in their correct relationship.
What do you expect to see? I expected to see a father-daughter genetic relationship, with the child being master and father being offspring, but no additional options to actually declare it.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I believe the game became confused because biologically they are already father and daughter, but her turning him, made him her vampiric offspring. They shouldn't need to declare caregiver or dependent because they already are.  The choice to declare guardian or dependent was redundant and confusing. Under normal circumstances, it makes sense, when an unrelated vampire turns somebody, but not in this case.

I am sorry that I did not screen shot it when it happened. It only happened during the time where the father was turning. Once he completed that, it did not appear again. He is correctly listed as her father, and she his daughter, but there is no mention anywhere of a master-offspring relationship.

No CC, No Mods, No Cheats.

Message 1 of 2 (322 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [V] Related Vampires has options for caregiver after turning

Hero
I'm going to tag this as needs input for now to see how many are bothered by this since it doesn't seem to be permanent.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 2 (229 Views)