by crinrict

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] [V] Non-Vampire Babies are getting random purple bat icon

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.66.139.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Discover University, Get Famous, Seasons, Cats and Dogs, City Living, Get to Work, Realm of Magic, StrangerVille, Parenthood, Vampires, Outdoor Retreat
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Not quite sure, have a vampire in the family and remove the vampire trait from them and have them have kids
What happens when the bug occurs? When a sim in my ohusehold that isn't a vampire has a child, they have a vampire emoticon when they are born that dissapears after a second or two. They never get vampire traits and it never says in CAS or on their needs that they're a vampire. I'm extremely frustrated because this has been happening for generations and none of my sims are vampires currently. I can't even get a screenshot or recording of it.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see no purple vampire sign by the child as soon as it's born, that disappears after a second
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

When the baby is born, it gets a purple bat + icon to the left of it as it's born and after it's named. When they age up, even to a teen, they never have the vampire needs panel or the trait shown in CAS. I don't know how many generations this has been going for, but it's really been annoying me because I can't seem to get rid of it.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title

Message 1 of 14 (2,850 Views)

Re: Vampire Baby not a Vampire

Hero
@enolasad How did you remove the trait on the parents ? Cheat ? Potion ?

That purple sign is the only indication of vamprism, right ? (to make sure I understand correctly)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 14 (2,821 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Hi @crinrict 

Yes, that purple bat tha shows for about one second is the only indication.

I removed the vampire trait with cheats

Message 3 of 14 (2,814 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@enolasad Guess it's just a wrong icon showing then. There's several of those.

Thanks for the report.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 14 (2,805 Views)

VALIEN BUG - LOST MY 50/50 Vampire/Alien Baby

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.31.106.2300
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get to work, Seasons, Vampires, and Perfect patio.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a male vampire get abducted and have the child. The baby was 50/50 vampire alien. Then go to plan out outfits.
What happens when the bug occurs? When the baby was delivered the little purple bat popped up showing he was in fact the baby was a vampire BUT he was also blue. So a vampire alien baby. After you plan outfits the baby is no longer vampire. Just alien.
What do you expect to see? What it showed prior me planning the toddlers outfits. I want my Valien back! I want my vampire/alien back. Logically when planning outfits I’d expect to see 3-4 different options. Vampire/“Cloaked” Alien/Disguised.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I didn’t think to take a screenshot of the toddler or when I was planning his outfits BUT... My male vampire was abducted (his FIRST abduction) and he came back with good and he had his baby, a blue baby and when then baby was placed in the bassinet at the hospital the little purple bat icon appeared. He WAS 50/50 vampire/alien. After a while I aged him up to a toddler and I went to plan out his outfits, there was just two pictures for the toddler. The bottom one he was blue and I was able to plan ALL outfits and he had black hair and the top one he looked like a vampire/human and I was able to plan out ALL those outfits. Saved and exited. He was fed and his I had his father take a few pictures of him. I changed to the toddler (mind you the toddler is bald now and wearing his alien diaper NOT what I just planned out) and tried to “disguise” and it went to the the outfit I had picked out. So how I switch to his father and go to a mirror and change sim and WHAT DO YOU KNOW..... I see this little blue bald baby in his alien diaper for ALL outfits and the other option he is still blue BUT the outfits I picked out. YALL smh I have been robbed!!! He is NO LONGER A VAMPIRE. *gasp* What the heck happened? I have NEVER uses mods or cheats and to me this was so unexpected and mod worthy but so legit and then taken away just like that.

Message 5 of 14 (2,874 Views)

Re: VALIEN BUG - LOST MY 50/50 Vampire/Alien Baby

Hero
@Eci_The_Vamp There's not supposed to be hybrids and someone else was reporting the icon showing up for a non-occult Sim so it's possible that the icon showing is off.

Hybrids generally glitch out CAS so if the game thought at some point they were hybrids, then that's probably what you saw in CAS.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 14 (2,834 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

@crinrict  Thanks and that sucks. I just don’t understand why would it even give me the option to go through the process... And then completely take way the “human/vamp” disguise form

Message 7 of 14 (2,829 Views)

Hero
@Eci_The_Vamp Don't know why you had the option in the first place but if it stayed that way, you'd have more issues.

Here's a thread on hybrid issues: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Spellcster-Mermaid-hybrid-still-happening/m-p/8438...

With Aliens it is a bit different cause they're usually human/alien hybrids but pretty sure there shouldn't be vamp/alien ones.

Not going to merge yours. Need to find the other thread on the icons cause that seems to be a separate bug. bit short on time currently so need to postpone.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 14 (2,821 Views)

★★★ Guide
@Eci_The_Vamp Yeah, we are not supposed to have hybrids, but the game effectively gives us an opportunity to HAVE them. It never made sense to me.

I had the exact same situation as you. There was a thread here about the issue as well, but I couldn't find it right now. What someone in that thread suggested, and I'm going by memory right now: Use the toddler to Change sim in mirror/dresser. Change the alien part of the toddler to how you would like the "disguise" to be, because the "human" part of the disguise will not stick no matter how many times you go into CAS. If you need any changes to any other family members, this is the time to do it. If you go back to CAS after, you'd have to do it all again.

I did this for my vamp/alien, but its been a long time since I played that family, I could be remembering wrong. Anyway, I only entered CAS with her when she aged up. So far so good, she has alien powers and is coming along with her vampire part pretty nicely last time I played.

So it can be done, but its not "supported". And not counting the CAS thing, I've not had any other trouble with her.
Message 9 of 14 (2,795 Views)

★ Novice

@Kathykins Well my goodness thank you! It’s nice to know it is “possible” lol and I’m not going crazy. I knew something had to be up when my vamp came back preggo from the first abduction smh ugh when I played my actual family it took my husband forever to get a successful abduction. Either way thanks I’m going to try this in a few days and I’ll be sure to let you know how it turned out! 

Message 10 of 14 (2,792 Views)