Original Post

Highlighted

[NEEDS INPUT] [V] NPC vampires won't autonomusly recover energy

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.59.73.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all DLC
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Using any method, take your active (non-vampire) sim(s) to any lot that isn't your vampire friend's home lot.
What happens when the bug occurs? NPC vampires low on energy will never do anything to recover energy on their own. They won't nap, won't meditate, and unless they're on their home lot they won't attempt to sleep. Only when lured into bed (by woohooing) will they stay asleep for a while, but naturally, depending on their traits, sleeping in a bed may not do anything for them. Only when they're on their home lot and have a coffin, will they jump in that coffin and sleep.
What do you expect to see? I expect vampires, whether part of the active family or not, to take any necessary action to attempt to take care of their needs, and that includes attempt to recover their energy when it runs low.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Part 3 of splitting my vampire issues into separate posts.

This is a bit weird and it can be hard to trigger since you need to get the vampire you don't control to be or become low on energy while they hang out with your active sims. It's also not a major issue since they don't die when they run low on energy, but this problem is indicative that the game doesn't correctly try to fulfill vampire needs.

EDIT: No vampire, whether in the active family or not, will ever use the meditate option on their own. It's like the game isn't aware that the option exist.

Message 1 of 5 (778 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [V] NPC vampires won't autonomusly recover energy

★★★★★ Guide
@TheSteelRodent : This is most certainly the cause of the problem where a vampire is unable to turn you after calling you over to be turned, right?

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/WORKAROUND-Vampires-won-t-turn-sim-after-calling-them-to-offer...

People were saying stuff to that effect in that topic, I know.
Message 2 of 5 (749 Views)

Hero (Retired)

This happens on PS4. Vampires will walk around complaining their energy is low but never do anything about it. 

Message 3 of 5 (741 Views)

★★★ Guide

@StarryMight wrote:
@TheSteelRodent: This is most certainly the cause of the problem where a vampire is unable to turn you after calling you over to be turned, right?

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/WORKAROUND-Vampires-won-t-turn-sim-after-calling-them-to-offer...

People were saying stuff to that effect in that topic, I know.

I personally think the turning issue comes from when they tuned down how frequently vampires bite your sims. I've not noticed the vampires act near death in those situations, but there's definitely something wrong with them.

Message 4 of 5 (737 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
Message 5 of 5 (724 Views)