Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [V] NPC vampires never try to feed themselves when hungry

by comicsforever

Original Post

Auto-solving thirst does not apply to self-made plasma packs / plasma fruits

★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.61.15.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansion packs except Uni and Island Living and every game pack except StrangerVille.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a vampire with self-made plasma packs (from frogs) in his / her inventory.
What happens when the bug occurs? Auto-solving the thirst need does not recognize the self-made plasma packs / plasma fruits.
What do you expect to see? The auto-solve function should recognize the self-made plasma packs / plasma fruits.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

My vampire does not auto-solve the thirst need with self-made plasma packs / plasma fruits. He only shows the bubble that he is unable to get plasma despite there are plasma packs in his inventory.

Message 11 of 17 (2,569 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I also have this bug they also don't bite when very angry anymore

Message 12 of 17 (1,662 Views)

★ Guide

A lot of autonomous feeding behavior seems to be broken, especially for NPC vampires in particular. I made a list for a different bug report, so I'll crosspost it here also in the hopes that it'll be useful:

Played/active vampires will not:

• Autonomously drink plasma packs made from fish or frogs
  • Autonomously make plasma drinks or plasma fruit salads, even if they have plasma fruit in their inventory
  • Autonomously ask Sims for permission to drink, or autonomously try to drink any any way except for "drink uncontrollably" (likely intended)

NPC vampires will not:

• Drink uncontrollably from Sims
  • Drink involuntarily from a Sim (deeply or lightly or drain spirit)
  • Ask for permission to drink
  • Attack/bite Sims when angry or very angry with them
  • Eat plasma fruit that is in their inventory or left out on the lot
  • Drink plasma packs that are made from frogs or fish, that is, the packs are created and not bought
  • Drink plasma fruit drinks that are left out but not made specifically for them
  • Make their own plasma fruit food or drinks

NPC vampires will:

• Autonomously drink plasma packs that are left out and available, or plasma packs that were already in their inventory. As with played vampires, the only plasma packs that work for autonomous NPC feeding are the ones you buy from a PC.
  • Order plasma drinks and plasma fruit salad at bars and restaurants. I think NPC vampires will eat plasma fruit salad that's left out or in a fridge that you've made for them, but haven't tested this in a while. They won't make plasma fruit drinks or plasma fruit salad for themselves even if they have a plasma fruit in their inventory.

Club with "drink plasma" as an activity seem to be bugged also:

• Clubs need to be actively meeting with "drink plasma" as an activity
  • NPC vampires will first drink every plasma pack they have in their inventory
  • Then they'll start queuing up to order plasma drinks at the bar (if meeting place is a bar)
  • They will ask for permission to drink from Sims and usually get rejected
  • Occasionally they will drink from Sims without permission, but this appears to be a last resort even when they're evil, even though this really should be the first resort in a club specifically made to get vampires to bite people
Message 13 of 17 (1,476 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [V] Sims don't drink fish/frog pack plasma autonomously

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Vampires can't eat and drink themself since 2017 !

It's a huge bug !

IncapableDeBoire2.jpg

Message 14 of 17 (1,422 Views)

Vampires can't drink and eat themseft since 2017

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Français
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.72.28.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Vampires
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Let your vampire be hungry
What happens when the bug occurs? Since 2017, Vampire don't know eat himself vampire foods and drinks (except basic plasma pack). If there is no basic plasma pack, Vampire drinks anything at the bar except PlasmaMary !
What do you expect to see? That Vampire can eat HIMSELF vampire foods and drinks (Fish Pack Plasma, Frog Pack Plasma, Plasma Fruit, Plasma Fruit Salad, Plasma Mary)
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

We have been waiting for this fix since 2017 ! Frown

This bug is open here too :

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-V-Sims-don-t-drink-fish-frog-pack-plasma-autonomously/td-...

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Les-Sims-4/BUG-IA-vampires-qui-tentent-de-satisfaire-leur-soif-au-bar/m-p/...

IncapableDeBoire2.jpg

Message 15 of 17 (1,409 Views)

Re: Vampires can't drink and eat themseft since 2017

Hero
@Ina49 There's no need for a new thread as this one is still open. I merged your post.

Just make sure to click on me too.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 16 of 17 (1,381 Views)

Re: Vampires can't drink and eat themseft since 2017

Hero

Is your Vampire Sim tired of drinking the same old regular Plasma? Are they drinking it to the point that they can no longer tell if it is Plasma anymore? Ugh, such a hard diet, right? I can relate…ahem… Vampire Sims will now enjoy a more varied diet of Fish, Frog, and yes… Regular Plasma when left to their own devices.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 17 of 17 (5,249 Views)