Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [V] Sims don't drink fish/frog pack plasma autonomously

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? n/a
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All the expansion packs and the vampires game pack. None of the stuff packs, only the free holiday stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Create a club for vampires with the get together expansion, and set "drink plasma" as one of the 5 things to do to earn club points.
What happens when the bug occurs? They all have the incredible urge to drink plasma packs that were ordered from the computer and are lying around the house. They completely ingore any plasma packs that are converted from fish and frogs that are lying around the house.
What do you expect to see? I expect the vampires to not discriminate with different types of plasma packs. It is ridiculous that they ignore the fish and frogs plasma packs.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Before you suggest I turn off my mods. I've tested this with and without mods and it occurs on both occasions. 

With sims get together I created a club for Vampires. One of the 5 club point rewarding things to do is the "drink plasma" option. 

I place plasma packs ordered from the computer all around the house so that the club members don't get thirsty. They run out within seconds as the vampires just keep drinking pack after pack. This would normally make me happy, but when I place fish plasma packs and frog plasma packs around the house, the vampire club members completely ignore it.

This is very annoying. 

Also on a side note.. for some reason ALL the vampires living in the various neighbourhoods that are not my active family get fat. Even the ones that have active as a personality trait. Yes, Caleb and Lillith Vatore get fat. It's very confusing. Vladislaus seems to be the sole exception to this rule. I would greatly appreciate any tips to prevent the vampires that I don't play from gaining so much weight, as right now turning anyone into a vampire is a one way ticket for that sim to become super fat on short notice. 

I even resort to brainwashing the club members to work out to try and burn off the fat and it's taking all the fun out of the game-play. 

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 1 of 17 (8,277 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Vampires can't drink and eat themseft since 2017

Hero

Is your Vampire Sim tired of drinking the same old regular Plasma? Are they drinking it to the point that they can no longer tell if it is Plasma anymore? Ugh, such a hard diet, right? I can relate…ahem… Vampire Sims will now enjoy a more varied diet of Fish, Frog, and yes… Regular Plasma when left to their own devices.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 17 of 17 (5,150 Views)

All Replies

Re: Get together "drink from plasma pack" issue

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

Hi @RaichiSims  

I'm not 100% sure as I actually use a lot of cc for Vampires including 'no thirst', as I mainly wanted all the 'stuff', but as they need to be at Vampire Lore Level 4, 'create the packs from fish and frogs' do you think this may inhibit them from drinking them if they are not at this level?

Sasha

Message 2 of 17 (8,160 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

The frog and fish ones don't seem to be consumed by vampires automatically. Doesn't really have anything to do with clubs so is your report about the not-drinking autonomously or the excessive drinking during club meetings ? Do you see any extensive drinking without a club meeting ? 

As for the getting fat, do you see them eating regular stuff ? Does that also happen while you are not using mods (aka, where they slim when you didn't use mods and got fat while not using them ?). If you did test with a fresh unmodded game, it's best if you made a separate thread for that.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 17 (8,162 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

It has everything to do with clubs. You can assign five actions to your club that will reward club points, and this compells the club sims to continuously do these tasks. E.g. with the Sims original Paragons club drinking coffee is one of these tasks. When I host a paragon club gathering the sims drink an unhealthy amount of coffee, because it is one of the five club point rewarding actions. 

Thus it makes sense to expect vampire sims who have the "drink plasma" option to feel equally compelled to drink the plasma pack, regardless of it being ordered from the computer or fish/frog packs. Plasma is plasma. There is no reason for them to discriminate. You don't see paragons discriminating coffee and cappucino's with the coffee drinking trait, so why would plasma be any different. 

And to reply to sasha, no it has nothing to do with level. Vladislaus is also part of the club and two of my other vamp sims that I stopped playing with that are both at the max with vampire lore. What I'm trying to say is that the master vampires equally refuse to drink the frog/fish plasma packs, but completely devour the computer ordered plasma packs within seconds. 

Message 4 of 17 (8,136 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

But they don't drink them autonomously without club gathering. Even if you click on the thirst need they will ignore them.

I do not know if that is a bug or not but it's happening with or without gatherings. Just saying it's not a club issue but a general one.

Just wanted to make sure your report was for the frog/fish issue and not the excessive drinking. The excessive drinking could just be related to this: https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/Sims-drinking-autonomously-despite-rule-disallowing...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 17 (8,133 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

No the excessive drinking is never an issue, I believe they designed "Sims 4 get together" award actions to work this way. In my science club I had something with using science equipment as a reward action and eventually I had to remove the satelite because the sims kept using it to make everyone's bladder need deplete. So the fact that the sims are contiously performing the actions that reward club points is as far as I'm concerned good game design. So the excessive drinking is wonderful.

But yes, club gathering or no club gathering, the "guest" sims(sims that are not my active family) ignoring fish/frog plasma packs is a problem. It is plasma, and qualifies as plasma, but to anyone who's not in my active household it appears to not qualify as plasma as they just won't drink it.

Message 6 of 17 (8,091 Views)

Vampires don't drink plasma packs automatically

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Which language are you playing the game in? 中文(繁體)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything except toddler stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a few hand-made plasma packs and click the botton at Thirsty Bar.
What happens when the bug occurs? Vampires (npc vampires included) will not drink hand-made plasama packs, and vampires complain there is not anything can fill their thirsty even there are plasma packs hand-made.
What do you expect to see? Vampires and include npc vampires should drink plasma packs hand-made automatically.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Vampires never drink hand-made plasma packs automatically, except the ones bought on computer and sent by the vampire council.

Message 7 of 17 (8,006 Views)

Re: Vampires don't drink plasma packs automatically

Hero
Merged your post with existing thread

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 17 (7,996 Views)
Highlighted

[NEEDS INPUT] [V] NPC vampires never try to feed themselves when hungry

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Which language are you playing the game in? English
What is your current game version number? 1.59.73.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all DLC
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? using any method, have a NPC controlled vampire come over to the active lot. Currently the easiest way seem to be to have them as a member of a club.
What happens when the bug occurs? When the vampire gets hungry they'll go through the animations like they're starving and show the icons above their head like they need to feed, but they never bite any nearby sims or do anything whatsoever to feed themselves.
What do you expect to see? I expect hungry vampires to ask for blood, or forcibly bite sims. Or drink from one of their juice boxes. Or something other than just continue to starve.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I was asked to split my vampire thread about a month ago, but completely missed the notifications amongst ones from more busy threads.

When my sims have vampire friends, I always expect them to eventually ask for blood, but they never do, and yet they walk around like they're starving and about to die. This is specific to NPC controlled vampires, but even vampires that are part of the active family and running on free will (no player commands) won't autonomously ask for blood or bite, even when they get hungry.

This may possibly be related to the other vampire problem where vampires come over in the middle of the night and never bite anyone anymore, but not sure.

Message 9 of 17 (5,873 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [V] NPC vampires never try to feed themselves when hungry

Hero (Retired)

I've seen this on PS4. The vampires never feed themselves autonomously. I also don't get vampires coming over to feed in the night, ever.

Message 10 of 17 (5,842 Views)