Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [V] NPC Vampires don't autonomously come in anymore

by burin077

Original Post

Re: [BUG?] Vampires don't invade the sims house.

★★★★★ Guide

@crinrict : Is this quite the same issue as the OP, though, which was posted back in July of last year? 

@MarleyTheWizard : I'll admit, my first thought when I saw this topic was, "It was probably the only way they could fix the Break-In bug once and for all." X-D

Message 11 of 55 (4,058 Views)

Hero
I would think so ? They stand on the porch and don't come in. Been like that for me for awhile as well.

Maybe there are multiple issues but I think it's close enough to have one thread.

There's also another new issue with calling as that's not allowed anymore after hours but that already has another thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 12 of 55 (4,049 Views)

★★ Guide

standing outside I have had for ages, but knocking, after midnight. never happened before.
Don't see that in the info playalot_1 sent me http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=29661.0

I have tweeted nick, arvin and ninja, but it will probably get lost over the holiday 

Message 13 of 55 (4,065 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

some npc vampires will knock at the door and stand there until invited in

Doesn't give a real timeline but it's part of the original report.

I might split again but leaving merged for now.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 14 of 55 (4,061 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

That's the post i saw, and confused me, actually, this SimGuru open another post, saying they don't "nerfed", but it don't seems this way. :/

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17038093#Comment_17038093

Message 15 of 55 (4,048 Views)

★★ Guide

he said he had misunderstood. but that was march 2018

link to his forum post

Message 16 of 55 (4,041 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@crinrict wrote:
I would think so ? They stand on the porch and don't come in. Been like that for me for awhile as well.

Maybe there are multiple issues but I think it's close enough to have one thread.

There's also another new issue with calling as that's not allowed anymore after hours but that already has another thread.

Okay. Standard smile

Message 17 of 55 (3,969 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

this seems to be issue still after patch yesterday:

1 time vlad stood at door long time then just left, never tried to enter house.

then later that night calab stood outside on sidewalk front left corner of tutorial house,

did animation of the vampires showing arms and fingers like the whole rawr type thing with showing clawing action.

He came to door paused for a while then entered house, my sims were sleeping,

did the animation control the sim thing and miko get up and follow outside room, i guess was not enough room in the bedroom,

then calab just stood there did not feed and eventually left and my sim went back to sleep.

did not fall to ground as normal for deep feeding, I assume since animation did not occur and sim didn't fall over that no feeding occurred.

also no negative moodlet for feeding.

Message 18 of 55 (3,950 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

I just had a vampire break in and feed on my sim, so it seems to be working normally for me.

Vampire break-ins where they enter the lot with the creepy walk are a rare event, about as rare as alien abductions for my game, which is good, because I'd hate it if it happened a lot.

Ever since I've had Vampires, it's been normal to see vampires visit and knock on the door, trying to meet your sim and have them be invited in. This is separate from an actual break-in event and in my opinion isn't a bug. Regular sims do this during the day on lots like the BFF's house in Willow Creek.

If they knock on the door, then it isn't a break-in event. When they do break-in to feed, I see them creepy walk sneak up to the lot, then walk straight in and mesmerize my sleeping sim.

If my sim isn't asleep, then they should be more cautious and will turn around and go away. I've seen Caleb Vatore do this when he creeped up to my sim's apartment and then turned away and left when he reached the door because my sim was still awake. That seems normal to me, and not a bug.

Message 19 of 55 (3,867 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [V] NPC Vampires don't autonomously come in anymore

★★★★★ Guide

I am still noticing Vampires appearing, but most will not break in for a very simple reason:

A Sim on the lot is still awake, or is perceived as awake.

You can most easily test this in an Apartment with a single Sim; if a Vampire shows up at your door, one of a few things will happen, depending on the circumstances.

If your Sim is awake:

- The Vampire will leave immediately.

- The Vampire will knock on your door, attempting to be invited in.

- The Vampire will stand outside for a brief period for you to interact with. (This usually happens if something interacted with the Vampire while they were en route to your door, such as a neighbor striking up a conversation with them.)

If your Sim is asleep:

- The Vampire will break in and attempt to bite your Sim. (If you have Garlic in your room, the Vampire will react to it if they're not immune, then de-spawn. Your Sim will still be Mesmerized, however; you will want to sleep that off.)

- The Vampire will knock on your door, attempting to be invited in.

- The Vampire will leave. (If something on the lot is seen as awake, the Vampire won't attempt a break-in. This can include Never Weary Sims, Babies that are crying, or a Vampire in the household that's not currently sleeping.)

Things I have not yet been able to try:

- See a Vampire's reaction if an Apartment Situation is occurring. (Loud Music, Loud Woohoo, Argument in Neighboring Apartment.)

- See how a Sim reacts to a Vampire trying to Mesmerize them in a break-in Situation, when affected by the Vampire Resistance drink.

Hope this information helps with some troubleshooting.

- B

Message 20 of 55 (3,858 Views)