Original Post

Highlighted

[NEEDS INPUT] [V] Master Vampire Aspiration milestone not fulfilling

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.32
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All but Batuu. Eco not installed.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Read Encyclopedia Vampirica vol 1. Set Master Vampire Aspiration. Select Reread Encyclopedia Vampirica vol 1. It will not consider it. Milestone 1 is blocked.
What happens when the bug occurs? The milestone is not completed.
What do you expect to see? Milestone 1 to complete.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Sim is a vampire. She has read vol. 1 before starting the Master Vampire Aspiration. As she is the only Vampire I have, I cannot test it on other Sims. Did not try before October 6th 2020 patch.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 8 (4,004 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [V] Master Vampire Aspiration milestone not fulfilling

★★★ Guide

I've also had this problem on the last stage of the Aspiration. My sim had already read "The Ultimate Vampire Tome" before getting to that page, and did not get any credit for re-reads, even after hours and hours of re-reading it.

Message 2 of 8 (3,894 Views)

★★★ Guide

This issue is still occurring, but I've found a workaround. If the Sim cancels the reading action rather than the player, they get credit for the goal. The easiest way to do this is to queue up an action that requires them to put the book down, and they'll put it away on their own, especially if they've read it before.

Message 3 of 8 (3,527 Views)

Can't complete Master Vampire aspiration

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Русский язык
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.91.205.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions, game packs, stuff packs and all kits.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a vampire and master Vampire Lore skill, then try to complete Master Vampire aspiration. When you will reach The Ancient One stage of this aspiration, you will have to read The Ultimate Vampire Tome, so if you didn't master Vampire Lore to 15 level you can read this book and the aspiration would complete, but if before completing The Ancient One stage you already had 15 level in this skill - reading this book will not complete this last stage of "Master Vampire" aspiration and nothing would happen.
What happens when the bug occurs? You can't complete Master Vampire aspiration
What do you expect to see? That you can read this book, and it will complete Master Vampire aspiration even if you already have mastered Vampire Lore skill.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Really unpleasant bug

Message 4 of 8 (3,302 Views)

Re: Can't complete Master Vampire aspiration

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Pro

You should be able to meet the requirement by rereading the Ultimate Vampire Tome.

I already have a vampire at stage 3 of this aspiration, with level 9 Vampire Lore. I'll make sure he finishes the skill before advancing to the last milestone so I can see if he has any problem meeting the reading requirement. Of course, it may take a few days before I finish.

ETA

My vampire Sim, Pat, mastered the Vampire Lore skill and I made sure that he had Reread as the command on the Ultimate Vampire Tome. After that, he won 3 Vampiric Spars and became a Prime Vampire to finish the third milestone.

Pat Reread the Ultimate Vampire Tome and, as I expected, that completed the requirement for reading it. I let him read until he put the book in his inventory on his own. Now he just needs to survive another 20 days and become a Grand Master Vampire to complete the Master Vampire aspiration.

You should be able to finish the aspiration without any problem. Just Reread the book. 

Message 5 of 8 (3,269 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

This worked! Thank you, thank you so much for posting this answer. For the record: had her reading the (Neverending) Ultimate Tome, queued up making a Plasma Jane, she dropped the book on her own and voila: instant complete.

PS: Did I say thank you? Standard smile

Message 6 of 8 (2,504 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

My previous workaround doesn't seem to work anymore with the latest patch and the "Sims not getting distracted" fix. Instead of putting the book away, my Sim keeps reading until I cancel manually. Now the only way around I know of is to do the Aspirations.Complete_Current_Milestone cheat. Disappointed

A suggestion: Rather than "read tome" goals that never complete, perhaps the goals should be targeted to the appropriate level of Vampire Lore? I.e. Level 5 for the Vol 1 goal and Level 15 for the Ultimate goal. Since the only way to gain the skill is to read the books, it's effectively the same goal, but without the problems that come with endless reads.

Message 7 of 8 (1,447 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thanks.

Message 8 of 8 (921 Views)