by SisterGloomy

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] [V] [IL] Vampire teeth unavailable to mermaids

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.61
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try make a mermaid with vampire teeth.
What happens when the bug occurs? No teeth.
What do you expect to see? Teeth.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Updated from 1.59 to 1.61

Just noticed this now after creating a new mermaid, vampire teeth no longer show up in CAS. My old ones who got vampire teeth still have them.

Fix for now: Get the mod "More CAS Traits for Sims Mod" and "MCCC"

(You might need to restart the game after saving to gallery both times so mccc can load that saved sim)

Get the mermaid you want to have vampire teeth and save it to gallery. Restart game.
Play with the sim and use the trait mod to remove the mermaid trait and add the vampire trait.
Your sim will look weird now so use mccc and paste your saved mermaid from the gallery.
Enter CAS and get the teeth you want and save to gallery. Restart game.

Finally load your save you're playing on. Now you can paste the vampire sim over your mermaid sim, be sure to paste over human form and mermaid form.
Your sim will now have vampire teeth. And be sure to enter CAS again cause the mermaid tail will be invisible after this.

Message 1 of 7 (1,116 Views)

Re: Vampire teeth unavailable to mermaids

★★★ Pro

I have also noticed this on the PC and PS4 both platforms are updated to the newest patch it's strange as all the other options example vampire brows are available.

Message 2 of 7 (1,090 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@Rachelharris31Yeah it's really weird. Been going through the updates they did since 1.59 and I don't see anything that should change this. Confused

Message 3 of 7 (1,080 Views)

★★★ Pro

Sometimes bugs get fixed but it causes others to appear I think that is what happened in this case.

Message 4 of 7 (1,074 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

In my case, when you switch to human form, there are no eyes for the Mermaid race

Message 5 of 7 (995 Views)

★★ Guide
@mengzhu123 Well that have always been the case so human sims don't generate with mermaid eyes.
Message 6 of 7 (980 Views)

★★ Guide

I just noticed this too. I was able to create mermaids with vampire teeth in the past but the option isn't there anymore.

Message 7 of 7 (737 Views)