Re: [V] Cured vampire sims wake up randomly when trying to get a full night's sl

by OrcinusArluq

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] [V] Cured vampire sims wake up randomly

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.134.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything except Eco Lifestyle
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Cure a sim of vampirism, then try to make them sleep or nap on anything to fill their energy need.
What happens when the bug occurs? Cured vampire sims randomly wake up when trying to fully sleep or nap to fill their energy.
What do you expect to see? Cured vampire sims would fully sleep or nap until their energy is full without any interruptions of waking up.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Howdy folks, this bug has been really bugging me for months now. I had cured one of my sims of vampirism but they would not sleep properly as a normal sim cause they will constantly & randomly wake up when trying to fully sleep to fill their energy need. [Please note that my vampire had the nightmarish slumber weakness when he was vampire when I cured him.) I just want them to finally rest in pea-.. rest peacefully throughout the moonlight and dream of freezer bunnies and dancing llamas. Please help a fellow simmer out? Thank you! :P

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title

Message 1 of 16 (1,231 Views)

Re: [V] Cured vampire sims wake up randomly when trying to get a full night's sl

Hero
@OrcinusArluq Would you mind uploading the Sim to the gallery. Like to test if I can duplicate this.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 16 (1,204 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@crinrictHmm, I am sorry but I have not uploaded anything to the gallery before, will uploading something to the gallery and if people download it affect my game or computer in any way? I'm sorry, I just wanna be careful since I wanna make sure it's safe since there are modded stuff in the gallery and I don't want to get any mods or a virus. That's why I don't use mods.

Message 3 of 16 (1,174 Views)

Hero
@OrcinusArluq You can't get mods/cc through the gallery even if you download stuff (that was the case for the Exchange in Sims 3 but not in Sims 4).

Just uploading won't affect in your computer in anyway and I've never seen anyone having an issues by doing that. That is true even if people later download it.

It's very good to be careful and I wish more people would be but the EA Sims 4 gallery can be considered as safe.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 16 (1,160 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Apprentice

@crinrictThat's good to know. Alrighty, I'll just check that if the bug is still happening then I'll try and upload the sim into the gallery. Will it be better if I include the rest of household along with the sim? I'm not sure, but does the sim's progress such as skills and reward traits get uploaded as well?

Message 5 of 16 (1,141 Views)

Hero
@OrcinusArluq Whatever is easier. Just make sure to let me know which one has the issue.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 16 (1,121 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@crinrict  Alright. I'll upload the household with the name "Supernatural Geeks." The sim you need to look at for the sleeping issue is Ryouta who is now a spellcaster. Can you please inform me if the bug happens?

Message 7 of 16 (1,102 Views)

Hero
@OrcinusArluq Has this Sim ever been a mermaid too ? If so, did you ever have issues with sleeping then ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 16 (1,070 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@crinrict  No, just a vampire. Then I cured him with ultimate vampire cure drink. Then I did the Magic Realm process of making him a spellcaster. No cheating used. Did you find and get the household from the gallery already? I'd like to delete them from the gallery ASAP.

Message 9 of 16 (1,044 Views)

Hero
@OrcinusArluq Yes, I checked him out. I did see him wake up before his bar was full and it does look like he's restless while sleeping but I couldn't find any hidden trait on the Sim that could account for it other than a mermaid trait but I think the trait is something they get when they are aware that there are mermaids in the world.

Think that's unconnected.

So, not sure what's causing the issue on your Sim. He does have a hidden trait of being a cured vampire but I don't think that should make him this way.

It is possible that certain traits are still sticking so tagging this as needs input and forwarding EA to be looked into and to see if others also still have this issue

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 16 (1,016 Views)